Picked one up today (Canada)!

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Day 4 and I see the battery drop 4% an hour with little to no usage (i.e. just background services like BT, GMail active). Not sure it'd make 24 hours with moderate usage. I'm a little disappointed with the battery life as I assumed it would be way better than the GS4 I had.
Can't you just return it before 10 days? I am really happy that I held off buying the Moto X until the real user reviews started coming in. I have yet to read a positive review by a real user.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Can't you just return it before 10 days? I am really happy that I held off buying the Moto X until the real user reviews started coming in. I have yet to read a positive review by a real user.

So far the reviews haven't said anything different than other reviews. Reviews said battery was *better* than S4, but reviews did not say it was "way better". Reviews said cam was hit or miss. the user here has said the same.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that on my current phone that the Location Services were turning on about 300-500 times a day and pulling the battery down much faster than before which seemed to be Google Now doing it. Turned off Location services and the battery life went way up.

Might be worth a try to turn them off and see if that helps. Most reviews seem to indicate that battery life, from the smaller battery, was a bit better than the G4. There was a link in one of these threads that seemed to show that in exhaustive tests of videos, messaging, etc. that it was at least 10% better.

With regard to the camera, most phones seem to exaggerate the blues and greens. The pictures are beautiful but much more vivid than what I see with my eyes when I compare. So far I have yet to see but a few that I would put in the really bad category from the Moto. It's not advertised as the camera buff's phone. There are those that fit that group better, for sure

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that on my current phone that the Location Services were turning on about 300-500 times a day and pulling the battery down much faster than before which seemed to be Google Now doing it. Turned off Location services and the battery life went way up.

Might be worth a try to turn them off and see if that helps. Most reviews seem to indicate that battery life, from the smaller battery, was a bit better than the G4. There was a link in one of these threads that seemed to show that in exhaustive tests of videos, messaging, etc. that it was at least 10% better.

I've used BetterBatteryStats to see what was using up the battery. One of the culprits seems to be "NlpCollectorWakeLock" which seems to be related to the Maps Location Services. I've turned those off to test and should be able to have an update by the end of the day.

Having said that, the GS4 also had these enabled and it's battery life was on par with the Moto X. I would expect to see better battery life on the Moto X all other things being equal, but I don't. Additionally, turning off Location Services also affects Google Now - which I don't want to do either. Anyway, I'll check and see if it makes a difference.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've used BetterBatteryStats to see what was using up the battery. One of the culprits seems to be "NlpCollectorWakeLock" which seems to be related to the Maps Location Services. I've turned those off to test and should be able to have an update by the end of the day.

Having said that, the GS4 also had these enabled and it's battery life was on par with the Moto X. I would expect to see better battery life on the Moto X all other things being equal, but I don't. Additionally, turning off Location Services also affects Google Now - which I don't want to do either. Anyway, I'll check and see if it makes a difference.

This was the link I was referring to What to expect from the Moto X’s ’24-hour’ battery life | Android | Geek.com

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
stuff happens as they say :)

Most of the battery life reports appear to suggest quite a bit better life than the G4 from those that have had both. Perhaps the battery was not up to snuff on your first phone?