Pictures not saving at all, not from camera, download, screencap, etc

laotzuology

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone isn't saving pictures to the SD card or the device, and sometimes even Carousel has trouble saving. It also won't save downloaded from both apps (Drive, Gmail) and websites. It also won't save screenshots. It saves other files such as mp3s and pdfs (so far that I've tried), just no pictures. I tried multiple file types, too.

Something happened recently that has slowed my device to a crawl and drains battery like crazy. I'm wondering if that could be the culprit to my missing picture mystery. I don't know what's doing it though, and I don't exactly know how to find out. I really don't like doing factory resets because I'm paranoid I'll lose something, something will go wrong with the backup. It's happened before, I've lost tons of data even though I know I specifically backed up that particular app, and it's happened with more than one. But if that's the only fix.. oh well.

Thanks guys!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried putting the phone in Safe Mode and then seeing if you can save photos? If it works in Safe Mode, then it's some app you installed causing the problem.

laotzuology

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, whattya know. Safe mode worked. And all the pictures that supposedly didn't save are all there. Now just to figure out what's causing it.. I'm going to try taking the SD card out now and report back. But in case that doesn't work.. any ideas on how to track it down?

laotzuology

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Uhh now it's saving all file types to all locations like nothing was ever wrong. Not sure if it was me or if it just.. fixed itself. I did restart it a bunch trying to fix it.. idk :/

Well in any case, everything's good now. Thanks! :)

Edit: Restarting it was the first thing I tried. Several times. I'm fairly well versed on IT 101 and not entirely incompetent. If restarting it was the fix, it happened after restart #4 or 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony