Pixel 2 Bluetooth issues since update to Pie

Puck72

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Since I updated to Pie, I'm having issues with certain things playing video Bluetooth, specifically maps and notifications. When I'm using Google play music, everything works fine, but if I use any other media app, such as Audible, whenever I get a notification or maps tried to give me directions, it pauses Audible like normal, but the notification tone or the maps directions don't play, it's just silence.

I had this same problem when I first got the phone and was able to solve it, but I don't remember how and none of the answers I've found so far regarding similar issues have worked.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've actually had Play Music pause for no reason multiple times as well while playing to my bose Bluetooth speaker.
Since I updated to Pie, I'm having issues with certain things playing video Bluetooth, specifically maps and notifications. When I'm using Google play music, everything works fine, but if I use any other media app, such as Audible, whenever I get a notification or maps tried to give me directions, it pauses Audible like normal, but the notification tone or the maps directions don't play, it's just silence.

I had this same problem when I first got the phone and was able to solve it, but I don't remember how and none of the answers I've found so far regarding similar issues have worked.

Wired29

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with AA and Bluetooth on incoming calls. The caller can't hear me and I have to switch to the speaker on the phone or handset. If I make the call it works fine???

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been having BT issues also. Phone keeps forgetting my watch. I also notice it now has random trouble connecting to my car. If BT isn't connected Android Auto will not start.

Wired29

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried a factory reset and still no love with AA on incoming calls. Seems to be about 70% of the time on incoming calls and works perfectly on outgoing calls. Not sure getting the Pie update was worth all the Bluetooth issues I'm having.

May 8, 2013
Visit site
since the pie update both my pixel 2 XL and my wife's pixel 1 can no longer connect to my wife's Kia bluetooth. Was working fine before the pie update I have not tried a factory reset as I don't look forward to that. but it sure does **** me off, never did like Bluetooth to begin with.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
since the pie update both my pixel 2 XL and my wife's pixel 1 can no longer connect to my wife's Kia bluetooth.
What model Kia do you have? I had a 2011 Kia Forte and have a 2015 Kia Forte and my Pixel 2 XL connected fine to both of them. (Although the Bluetooth system in the 2015 is SLOW AS MOLASSES compared to the 2011 for some strange reason; always been that way.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacoxixon