Pixel 3 - BT Connectivity Updated 10.19.2018

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
[Updated & Corrected 10.24.2018]
First, I love this phone (P3, White, 128 GB, Spigen Liquid Crystal case)!

In the past few days, I have been setting up and testing apps and features and have found only one issue of concern to me: BT dialing. I went through the Settings menus several times trying to make sure everything was properly set/switched on, but no joy.

I was particularly concerned about a recurrence of this issue with the P3 because I had returned my P2 last year when Google was unable to resolve that issue, which persisted for many months.

If you are having difficulty with BT dialing (and this might also apply to Android Auto), try updating Google services:
1. Go to Settings|Battery – make sure that Battery Saver is OFF
2. Go to Settings|Apps & Notifications|Google
3. Clear Cache, then Clear Storage
4. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right and select “Uninstall Updates” (which happens instantly).
5. Not sure which we did next, either:
a. On that same screen, at the bottom, there is an Advanced option to update, do that and it takes you to the Play Store page where you can download the update (which also happens instantly).
b. Go directly to Play Store, search for “Google” and download the update.
6. The update dumps you into the Google news feed, which confused me, so I did everything again.
7. When you try to make a BT call, there is an error msg that says something like this: “When it is safe, you will need to tap Location; then Bluetooth will work with Google Assistant.”
8. Tap the microphone in the Google Search Bar and step through the GA setup screens. If it already recognizes your voice, this will be very quick.
9. Then calls from the lock screen can be made using BT headset.

You can first go to the Play Store and search for the Google app, which describes the update.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte