Pixel 3 XL USB C Pixel Buds Problem

cuttah82

Oct 21, 2018
Visit site
So I used the dongle that came with the Pixel 3 XL to use my 3.5mm head phones yesterday. worked perfectly.

Today, I wanted to try out the USB C pixel buds that came with the phone. Plugged them in, turned on my music and the music was blasting from the phone speaker. After unplugging and plugging the headphones back in 10+ times. Still wouldn't work.

Called Google and figured out a solution. Now they work great.

For anyone who may have had the same problem, heres the solution:

• Restart the phone to Safe Mode (Hold power button, Hold "Power Off", then press "OK" to reboot to Safe Mode)
  • Once phone is in Safe Mode, plug Google USB C Pixel Buds in. The phone should detect them and you should be able to go through the setup process.
  • Once you're done setting them up, restart the phone normally and you should be good to go!

Not sure why the phone would not detect the headphones to set them up in normal mode... But if you have the same issue, hopefully this will work for you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why the phone would not detect the headphones to set them up in normal mode.
Because there's a bug and no one checked out that function in the beta testing.

You can go to Settings and search for Feedback, and send them a note asking them to please fix it. Feedback goes to the software people, so it will eventually end up on the right person's computer.

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened (silence) the first time or two that I plugged them in. To find out if they were "connected", I did the following; Held down "home" pill button to go to Google Assistant. Go to Explore/Settings/Assistant and scroll to bottom. You should see "phone" and "Pixel USB-C earbuds" as options. Select, "Pixel USB-C earbuds" and check "Status". If "Disconnected", try plugging earbuds in and out until ,"Connected". If this doesn't work, follow restart instructions above and go through this again to see if they are now connected.

Since the first time or two, haven't had any issues.

These earbud sound OK but the Assistant feature through the earbuds is outstanding!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So I used the dongle that came with the Pixel 3 XL to use my 3.5mm head phones yesterday. worked perfectly.

Today, I wanted to try out the USB C pixel buds that came with the phone. Plugged them in, turned on my music and the music was blasting from the phone speaker. After unplugging and plugging the headphones back in 10+ times. Still wouldn't work.

Called Google and figured out a solution. Now they work great.

For anyone who may have had the same problem, heres the solution:

• Restart the phone to Safe Mode (Hold power button, Hold "Power Off", then press "OK" to reboot to Safe Mode)
  • Once phone is in Safe Mode, plug Google USB C Pixel Buds in. The phone should detect them and you should be able to go through the setup process.
  • Once you're done setting them up, restart the phone normally and you should be good to go!

Not sure why the phone would not detect the headphones to set them up in normal mode... But if you have the same issue, hopefully this will work for you.

I didn't have to go through all that. They just worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia