Pixel 3XL Conspiracy - Devil's Advocate

sn0warmy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone else, I really wish the leaks were of decoys. Sadly, they are the real thing. I learned this first hand, thanks to a family member who has access to Pixel devices before they are released, to perform final QA testing. Without giving away too many details, I can tell you that the obnoxious notch is real and it's just as terrible in person, as it is in photos. It makes my OnePlus 6 notch look small, in comparison. And the bottom bezel is still quite large. It's the first Pixel phone I will be skipping right over.

Believe whatever you wish, but you'll see for yourself in a few short weeks.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Like everyone else, I really wish the leaks were of decoys. Sadly, they are the real thing. I learned this first hand, thanks to a family member who has access to Pixel devices before they are released, to perform final QA testing. Without giving away too many details, I can tell you that the obnoxious notch is real and it's just as terrible in person, as it is in photos. It makes my OnePlus 6 notch look small, in comparison. And the bottom bezel is still quite large. It's the first Pixel phone I will be skipping right over.

Believe whatever you wish, but you'll see for yourself in a few short weeks.

I don't mind the notch or the bottom bezel one bit. As far as I'm concerned they will not impact my life.

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind the notch or the bottom bezel one bit. As far as I'm concerned they will not impact my life.

Same. I'll be ordering the 3XL on launch day. If the theory turns out to be true, great. If not, I don't mind them anyways. I actually prefer a larger chin because of how I hold my phone.

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's my theory: people need to get a life. It's just not that important. Why are we wasting our time on trying to "parse" this obscure theory of a conspiracy? Why did I just waste my time replying?

Ryan Singley

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Not buying it and not a smart decision at all if it were true.

I doubt the conspiracy theory for the simple reason that it gives people(like me) a reason to upgrade early.

If the notch photos and specs and possible prices didn't leak, I surely would have waited until October to buy a new phone. If anything they'd have a conspiracy showing a superior phone that people would wait for. Then in October they could say, ”Sorry about the notch, but look at all these cool new software features!"

I saw that notch and the 4GB of ram, and bought a Note 9. More ram, no notch, bigger screen, bigger battery, and a very good camera.

I've been a Google phone devotee single the Nexus 6 (maybe earlier). If they pulled some crazy shenanigans to convince me not to wait until October, then release an amazing phone, they'll lose all brand loyalty to me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I doubt the conspiracy theory for the simple reason that it gives people(like me) a reason to upgrade early.

If the notch photos and specs and possible prices didn't leak, I surely would have waited until October to buy a new phone. If anything they'd have a conspiracy showing a superior phone that people would wait for. Then in October they could say, ”Sorry about the notch, but look at all these cool new software features!"

I saw that notch and the 4GB of ram, and bought a Note 9. More ram, no notch, bigger screen, bigger battery, and a very good camera.

I've been a Google phone devotee single the Nexus 6 (maybe earlier). If they pulled some crazy shenanigans to convince me not to wait until October, then release an amazing phone, they'll lose all brand loyalty to me.

Exactly....people have already bought other phones because of the notch. They would never leak something false if it was less desirable to many people.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It would be to hard to pull off. This sounds more like something apple would do.

I was all in on a P3XL, but now I'm wondering if my original P just might make it one more year until the all screen - no notch phones hit the market.

My original P is holding up really well and battery life is good!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It would be to hard to pull off. This sounds more like something apple would do.

I was all in on a P3XL, but now I'm wondering if my original P just might make it one more year until the all screen - no notch phones hit the market.

My original P is holding up really well and battery life is good!

Glad your original Pixel is holding up well! It's smart for you to wait and see what's out there before you upgrade.

Ben D1

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
It's a brilliant marketing idea to intro with dramatics. With so many hating on the notch, revealing a notchless phone will cause a frenzie. All the potential buyers who backed out due to a "notch" may sway back into purchasing the device. Hopefully it holds true.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a brilliant marketing idea to intro with dramatics. With so many hating on the notch, revealing a notchless phone will cause a frenzie. All the potential buyers who backed out due to a "notch" may sway back into purchasing the device. Hopefully it holds true.

The fly in the ointment is that those who backed out will most likely not back in after buying something else.

Ben D1

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
True. Fortunately I'm okay having a notch with a second front facing speaker in it and looking forward to upgrading from the 6P

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm ambivalent about the notch. But, 4GB of ram and the battery size are turnoffs for me. I'm just trying to envision how my daily experience with the 3XL would be measurably better than with my 2XL.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Google will show off 3 phones in October, the two we know about (Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL)and then a 3rd one we don't. Maybe the 3rd phone will not launch until November or later, but there will be a 3rd phone. Will it be a less expensive phone like what Apple did with the Xr or will it be a premium device to compete with the Apple Xs MAX and Samsung phones, I do not know and I am leaning toward the latter.

Also, the leaked web pages with the 3 and the invites where a 3 makes up a heart. I think they are referring to the # of phones and the generation. They have 3 locations where they are launching the devices and are launching on the 9th...which is 3X3, 3 phones released at 3 locations. that might be a bit of a stretch and I could be completely wrong. Just do not be surprised if I am right......

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaning on a third existing device too. With all this secrecy I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a premium device. It looks like Googs finally putting that HTC deal to use and hopefully surprise us with some of the newer tech like a screen fingerprint reader. It will most likely crack the 1g mark and probably be released later this year. The supposely hired security doing their job if nothing has leaked yet besides the crumbs they are leaving behind on purpose.