Pixel 3XL Conspiracy - Devil's Advocate

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning on a third existing device too. With all this secrecy I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a premium device. It looks like Googs finally putting that HTC deal to use and hopefully surprise us with some of the newer tech like a screen fingerprint reader. It will most likely crack the 1g mark and probably be released later this year. The supposely hired security doing their job if nothing has leaked yet besides the crumbs they are leaving behind on purpose.

As I recall there was rumors that there would be a third phone launching early next year. But the one mentioned wasn't supposed to be a premium device, but a mid-range. It was supposedly coming with an SD6xx CPU and a few other things to bring the price down, rumors were that it was going to be in the $400-500 range. It was supposed to address the people complaining about the high prices for the Pixels. The stories were from June of this year, here's a link to one of them.

https://www.slashgear.com/google-midrange-pixel-tipped-for-early-2019-02532715/

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's a brilliant marketing idea to intro with dramatics. With so many hating on the notch, revealing a notchless phone will cause a frenzie. All the potential buyers who backed out due to a "notch" may sway back into purchasing the device. Hopefully it holds true.

That would be awesome - hope it happens! It is like we are all sitting at our phones/computers/tablets; eagerly anticipating the Pixel 3's launch! We can make it!

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
the 3 xl is definitely with notch, you can already buy screen protectors for it on Amazon, I believe Google will tell us a 3rd phone is in the process and my guess is also on mid range for Android one.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
the 3 xl is definitely with notch, you can already buy screen protectors for it on Amazon, I believe Google will tell us a 3rd phone is in the process and my guess is also on mid range for Android one.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily proof. There were a lot of screen protectors that weren't correct for the Pixels last year.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
As I recall there was rumors that there would be a third phone launching early next year. But the one mentioned wasn't supposed to be a premium device, but a mid-range. It was supposedly coming with an SD6xx CPU and a few other things to bring the price down, rumors were that it was going to be in the $400-500 range. It was supposed to address the people complaining about the high prices for the Pixels. The stories were from June of this year, here's a link to one of them.

https://www.slashgear.com/google-midrange-pixel-tipped-for-early-2019-02532715/

Personally I wouldn't want a mid range device.

Why not buy a phone a couple yrs old.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Know that everybody is hoping and praying for the leaks to be untrue.

But the leaks seems like if they are true.

You ask yourself, what was Google thinking.
Especially when they wait till the end of the year to sell a phone.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't want a mid range device.

Why not buy a phone a couple yrs old.

Well, no warranty or updates with a 2 year old phone. Even if you could buy a new 2 year old phone, that doesn't change the update situation.

The thing to remember is, the more recent SD6xx chips are not that far off from the SD8xx series. And in some cases, they're more battery efficient to boot. All depends on what is important to you