Pixel 5 Sold Out??

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
When I try to order my warranty replacement I get this page. Perhaps Google took it offline because they cannot get another for me?

Attachments

• Busted Google.PNG
    Busted Google.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 39

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I received my Pixel 5 from jhaire08 and its a winner. Perfect condition - minty fresh! Still waiting on Google to send me another email saying its time to re-re-re-order and to provide a working link. I got all the accessories I could use from Google. Wireless charging stand, PixelBuds, and extra charging cables. I even got the gray fabric case (all other colors are sold out). I'll keep the accessories and just return the phone itself.

Google's inability to resolve this or lack of motivation is troubling. Coming from iPhones, I'm used to a much higher level of customer care. Yeah, I know Google is this behemoth of a conglomerate, and that one customer is nothing to them. But dead links from an internet stalwart like Google? That has me scratching my head. My only guess is that since discontinuing the Pixel 5 they are having a tough time getting another new one. Perhaps the link will go live when they have inventory.

I'm gonna give this phone from jhaire08 a week to make sure everything keeps working perfectly, then I'll tell Google to just refund me for the phone. Its already boxed up and ready to return. And since I work at FedEx I will scan the return into the system myself. I might even load it on the outbound trailer myself. :D

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I received my Pixel 5 from jhaire08 and its a winner. Perfect condition - minty fresh! Still waiting on Google to send me another email saying its time to re-re-re-order and to provide a working link. I got all the accessories I could use from Google. Wireless charging stand, PixelBuds, and extra charging cables. I even got the gray fabric case (all other colors are sold out). I'll keep the accessories and just return the phone itself.

Google's inability to resolve this or lack of motivation is troubling. Coming from iPhones, I'm used to a much higher level of customer care. Yeah, I know Google is this behemoth of a conglomerate, and that one customer is nothing to them. But dead links from an internet stalwart like Google? That has me scratching my head. My only guess is that since discontinuing the Pixel 5 they are having a tough time getting another new one. Perhaps the link will go live when they have inventory.

I'm gonna give this phone from jhaire08 a week to make sure everything keeps working perfectly, then I'll tell Google to just refund me for the phone. Its already boxed up and ready to return. And since I work at FedEx I will scan the return into the system myself. I might even load it on the outbound trailer myself. :D
Glad I could help you out ras. Not gonna lie, I miss the phone already but my old Pixel 3 should hold me over until the 6 gets released...if I can wait that long lol

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Glad I could help you out ras. Not gonna lie, I miss the phone already but my old Pixel 3 should hold me over until the 6 gets released...if I can wait that long lol

She's a real beaut all right! I was getting by with my Pixel 3a XL, and I still have my iPhone 11 Pro Max to fall back on, but the Pixel 5 bug had bitten me and Google's shenanigans only heightened my desire. I had one and got a taste, if only for 12 hours or so. But now I'm whole. Can't thank you enough!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That's so awesome that you got a Pixel 5 from a user here and are loving it! LOOL well you will know for sure that it will go back to Google, then!

I agree with you. It's very troubling that this is happening with the Internet Geniuses that are Google.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
So I finally got the ok to just return the busted Pixel 5 Google sold me. RMA code, mailing label, boom. Google received it and confirmed I was getting a refund ------ LESS A $25 RESTOCKING FEE!!! They want to charge me a fee for taking back a bogus phone?? They gotta be freakin' kidding me!! I have requested they waive the "restocking fee" and refund me the full price I paid. We shall see how that goes. Meanwhile, the refund for the Preferred Care ($149) I purchased with the Pixel 5 is pending. Can't wait to see how they prorate that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got the ok to just return the busted Pixel 5 Google sold me. RMA code, mailing label, boom. Google received it and confirmed I was getting a refund ------ LESS A $25 RESTOCKING FEE!!! They want to charge me a fee for taking back a bogus phone?? They gotta be freakin' kidding me!! I have requested they waive the "restocking fee" and refund me the full price I paid. We shall see how that goes. Meanwhile, the refund for the Preferred Care ($149) I purchased with the Pixel 5 is pending. Can't wait to see how they prorate that.

Oh, no. What an unfortunate turn of events. Please keep us posted on what happens.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
The restocking fee was actually $35, and after an online chat with the help desk they are refunding the fee. I may not have had good luck with buying a phone from Google but their support folks are the class of the industry. They are quick to grasp a user's problem and move quickly to resolve it.

There was no hope for the original Pixel 5 as it was faulty right out of the box. No amount of resets or restores is going to fix damaged hardware. I can only assume the error messages I was getting while trying to order a replacement were due to no stock to offer as replacements. After all, the model was cancelled and superseded by the newer 5a model. I was very fortunate to find a perfect/mint Pixel 5 for sale on this very forum. And while I originally wanted the Sorta Sage color, once I put a case on the phone the underlying color is unimportant. So in the end I got the phone I wanted, got all my money back from Google, and all is well in Pixelland for me. :)

Advice to anyone with a Pixel problem: use the online chat feature. My interactions were all outstanding.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The restocking fee was actually $35, and after an online chat with the help desk they are refunding the fee. I may not have had good luck with buying a phone from Google but their support folks are the class of the industry. They are quick to grasp a user's problem and move quickly to resolve it.

There was no hope for the original Pixel 5 as it was faulty right out of the box. No amount of resets or restores is going to fix damaged hardware. I can only assume the error messages I was getting while trying to order a replacement were due to no stock to offer as replacements. After all, the model was cancelled and superseded by the newer 5a model. I was very fortunate to find a perfect/mint Pixel 5 for sale on this very forum. And while I originally wanted the Sorta Sage color, once I put a case on the phone the underlying color is unimportant. So in the end I got the phone I wanted, got all my money back from Google, and all is well in Pixelland for me. :)

Advice to anyone with a Pixel problem: use the online chat feature. My interactions were all outstanding.

That's wonderful that your service from Google Support was so well-handled and that you got your refunds! That will keep them in business. So glad you ended up getting a Google Pixel 5 from here at AC, and that it's working well for you!

I'm fearing for the day when my Pixel 5 gets broken or malfunctions... Maybe I'll see if anyone has a mint condition one around here if that happens! :)

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I saw a few over on Swappa. I prefer to deal with folks on this forum, but I've done some business on Swappa before and they're trustworthy. Kinda like eBay used to be way way back when.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Totally agree. I've only had 2 problems with items purchased from google and both were resolved quickly and to my satisfaction using chat.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I saw a few over on Swappa. I prefer to deal with folks on this forum, but I've done some business on Swappa before and they're trustworthy. Kinda like eBay used to be way way back when.

Swappa is heads and tails better than ebay. Never had a problem with any item I purchased from there. All were at least as good as described and frequently better. The quality of both the sellers and buyers is better than eBay. Selling is a joy since fees are cheaper than eBay plus the buyer has to pay immediately after purchase.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Paypal via Swappa or Ebay and Amazon are excellent places to buy used phones for less. Great buyer protection and generous return periods.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I recommend Swappa... You really find some good peeps selling phones just have to check their profiles history and such... I've sold a few phones there all mint which the next person was really happy like new phones with accessories... I've also bought from good sellers like a brand new condition 4a 5G which I enjoyed for a few months before I sold back on Swappa.. As always do you homework...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I recommend Swappa... You really find some good peeps selling phones just have to check their profiles history and such... I've sold a few phones there all mint which the next person was really happy like new phones with accessories... I've also bought from good sellers like a brand new condition 4a 5G which I enjoyed for a few months before I sold back on Swappa.. As always do you homework...

Absolutely! And it's such a big bonus when you get a mint-condition phone with a bunch of nifty and useful accessories!

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site

I bought my Pixel 5 brand new in the sealed box on Mercari. Great site to buy from. The seller does not get paid until you post a positive review. You have 72 hours after delivery to check out the product you bought. Not happy, send it back. It's Craigslist the way it should be, everyone ships. I have gotten great deals on both of my Nikon lenses I bought from sellers on Mercari. I've had zero issues on 20 purchases so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank