Pixel 6 Adaptive color quit working after March update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After updating my Pixel 6 in late March both adaptive color and boosted color quit working. Colors appear washed out especially in the calendar app. Yesterday I installed the April update and it's still broken. Anyone else having the same issue?

gelhack

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Dynamic Theming feature? If so, it might be modifying the color palette based on your current wallpaper.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

I just played around with Dynamic Themes and got my wallpaper to look the way I want it to. But unfortunately nothing changed in how washed out the display is for individual apps. I have attached screen shots from Settings / Display / Colors that show no changes when selecting boosted or adaptive colors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-130823.png
    Screenshot_20220419-130823.png
    892.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

gelhack

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Full disclosure... Searching settings for anything like Dynamic Theming produced no results. I Google'd it and everyone talked about the Wallpaper and style setting. So I selected wallpaper color and the most vivid of the 3 pallets. That took care of the wallpaper colors. As for trying to turn off Dynamic Theming, sorry but I have no idea how to do this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I actually don't use it myself, so I wasn't explaining it correctly. See what happens if you change it from Wallpaper Colors to one of the Basic Colors.

gelhack

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
That does slightly tint the colors but none look as good as what I was able to do using the wallpaper pallet. Unfortunately the boosted and adaptive color settings still do nothing that I can see. Thanks for the suggestions though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could you show us some screenshots of the washed out colors you're seeing on some apps? Ideally with a comparison, although that might be challenging since you probably didn't think of taking a screenshot of those apps prior to this issue ...

gelhack

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
My biggest problem was with the calendar colors, but it turns out that this is apparently due to an updated version of the app. Didn't really have any "before" screenshots of anything else that I could post here, but I'm still wondering why adaptive and boosted color settings have no effect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-054939.png
    Screenshot_20220420-054939.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 20

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, when I switch between the three color options on my Pixel 6 Pro, I see very little obvious difference either. The main difference I see is between Natural and Boosted, where Boosted seems a tiny bit brighter. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, or if it's a glitch. I suggest sending feedback to Google (from within the system settings menu under Tips & Support).

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, when I switch between the three color options on my Pixel 6 Pro, I see very little obvious difference either. The main difference I see is between Natural and Boosted, where Boosted seems a tiny bit brighter. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, or if it's a glitch. I suggest sending feedback to Google (from within the system settings menu under Tips & Support).
I agree. I don't see a difference when trying it on my Pixel 4a as well as on my Pixel 6 Pro.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I think it's on purpose... Google seems to have went for the softer pastel color approach with 12. I think they were trying to "class" it up in their own way. Whether it worked or not I think depends upon the user ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4