Pixel 6 phone and keyboard lagging

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My pixel 6 and the keyboard are lagging. I have turned the phone on and off again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled gboard. I have done a soft and hard reset and it's still terribly slow to the point I can't type messages as it keeps zooming in on the keyboard. Has anyone else had this issue?

toniomadsma

May 4, 2022
Visit site
My pixel 6 and the keyboard are lagging. I have turned the phone on and off again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled gboard. I have done a soft and hard reset and it's still terribly slow to the point I can't type messages as it keeps zooming in on the keyboard. Has anyone else had this issue?

Did you ever find a resolution? Having same issue.

toniomadsma

May 4, 2022
Visit site
I am; still having same issue. Closed all running apps, deleted saved text messages (this used to work when I had this issue on previous models), system reset recently completed, at 32% memory capacity, don't have a lot of apps installed

toniomadsma

May 4, 2022
Visit site
Thanks so much for your reply! Have the security patch. May have solved the prob tho by turning off magnification under accessibility. Fingers crossed this takes care of it!

Dave Pyle

Sep 3, 2022
Visit site

I had the same problem, the fix seems to be simple.. This lagging only happens when the screen magnifier is in the small box mode. Open the magnifier and select the whole page setting in the bottom right of the screen.

You should find that this fixes the lag, it did for me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, the fix seems to be simple.. This lagging only happens when the screen magnifier is in the small box mode. Open the magnifier and select the whole page setting in the bottom right of the screen.

You should find that this fixes the lag, it did for me

Welcome to Android Central. and thanks for the tip!

qwe123a

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with Gboard and Swift. Completely turning off magnification in accessibility solved the problem.(just switching to full screen magnification did not help)

However I really like to be able to magnify the screen. Any ideas how to do this without accessibility magnification?

p.s.
Turning off magnification made my pixel6 a lot snappier! Wow

I wonder if this is a known bug?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Try updating the phone and also clear the keyboard cache and data.
Boot your device in safe mode and find the culprit behind it, then simply uninstall the third-party apps.
Wipe cache partition.

FYI, you can't wipe the cache partition on Pixels (or any other phones that utilize dual A/B partitions).

Thanks for your other suggestions, though!