Pixel Bluetooth issues

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Newer vehicles may not have a issue also depends on the radio. My radio is not the my link. I tried turning off Contact share and booting into safe mode. Both times it would connect and disconnect. Seeing numerous reports of this seems to be a issue in Nougat maybe reintroduced with 7.1 unfortunately I won't stick around for this to be resolved. Hope they address for those that do stick with it.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not worked perfectly, sure.. this is not working at all. Never had that happen with any android or iphone i've had over the years... from my gen 1 2008 Taurus with Microsoft Sync to my new Pilot.
Can't say I've had issues with any device with Bluetooth since 2013.... The pixel will connect to certain devices. I even excluded the Bluetooth from Doze.
No issue with my 2016 Chevy Colorado... Doing a simple comparison like X phone can do it, why can't my Pixel is not really proper troubleshooting and does not accurately determine that the issue is with the phone.

Android Adenoid

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've got a gear s2 that I'm using with my pixel and I have no issues with my phone connecting to my car automatically when I get in and start it up .... I'm in a Ford F150 using sync ... So far no issues whatsoever

Delighted to hear you have no issues with your Ford Sync. Can I ask what type of Sync you have and what version of software it's running?

There are four versions of SYNC available, depending on your vehicle’s model and year:
1) SYNC (basic system) and SYNC with MyFord®

2) SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
3) SYNC with MyFord Touch®
4) SYNC® 3

I'm thinking about buying the Pixel sometime soon. I currently have a Moto X 2013 and it's been plagued with Bluetooth issues especially with my 2014 Ford Sync (1. Basic system, software v4.6). I'd hate to get another phone that has Ford-Sync issues as I tend to keep my phones for about 3 years.

Wish there was a way to test-drive a phone before buying.

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having bluetooth issues as of today, to be exact. This is definitely a dealbreaker if it's not fixed soon.

When I got the Pixel XL, it paired perfectly with my 2014 BMW X1. I noticed Sunday that my Fitbit was having issues syncing, so I did a reboot. Today I'm driving in my car and it loses bluetooth connection for no reason. It was working fine one minute and then the next it was no longer connected. I tried deleting and repairing, but it doesn't pair. It doesn't give an error, it just works on pairing and then times out.

I seem to recall some sort of Google update that was pushed to my phone over the weekend and was curious if that affected my bluetooth.

sopipari

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm having some pretty annoying bluetooth issues with my 2015 200C with Uconnect 8.4. The device will pair fine and music will be playing and suddenly the whole thing just freezes. The phone drops the connection and *deletes* the UConnect Bluetooth connection. UConnect in the car will freeze up thinking it's still connected to the phone, I can still get to Sirius/XM, but the connected media functionality is dead. I'll shut off the car and then have to re-pair the phone upon restarting the vehicle to get the phone to recognize it again.

I've never seen any issues before with my Note 4, G4, G5 or S7Edge. Shame too, because audio quality is significantly better over bluetooth than any previous phone I've had. I hope Google fixes this one quick.

Edit - I just updated UConnect to the latest version for my car v16.16.something from April. It was previously on a version from late last year. I'll see if it helps at all, but I still suspect that it's a Pixel issue.

Last edited:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Delighted to hear you have no issues with your Ford Sync. Can I ask what type of Sync you have and what version of software it's running?

There are four versions of SYNC available, depending on your vehicle’s model and year:
1) SYNC (basic system) and SYNC with MyFord®

2) SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
3) SYNC with MyFord Touch®
4) SYNC® 3

I'm thinking about buying the Pixel sometime soon. I currently have a Moto X 2013 and it's been plagued with Bluetooth issues especially with my 2014 Ford Sync (1. Basic system, software v4.6). I'd hate to get another phone that has Ford-Sync issues as I tend to keep my phones for about 3 years.

Wish there was a way to test-drive a phone before buying.

I have a 2014 Fusion with SYNC and the NAV. So far I've had no problems....admittedly, it was only a short ride at lunch to confirm there weren't any problems.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My Pixel pairs no problem with Ford 2012 F-150, Ford 2011 Expedition, Pebble watch, LG bluetooth headset, Urban Ears Bluetooth headset, Dexcom Continous Glucose Monitor. The Pebble and the dexcom are always connected, there others on an as needed basis.

bgeorger

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm having some pretty annoying bluetooth issues with my 2015 200C with Uconnect 8.4. The device will pair fine and music will be playing and suddenly the whole thing just freezes. The phone drops the connection and *deletes* the UConnect Bluetooth connection. UConnect in the car will freeze up thinking it's still connected to the phone, I can still get to Sirius/XM, but the connected media functionality is dead. I'll shut off the car and then have to re-pair the phone upon restarting the vehicle to get the phone to recognize it again.

I've never seen any issues before with my Note 4, G4, G5 or S7Edge. Shame too, because audio quality is significantly better over bluetooth than any previous phone I've had. I hope Google fixes this one quick.

Edit - I just updated UConnect to the latest version for my car v16.16.something from April. It was previously on a version from late last year. I'll see if it helps at all, but I still suspect that it's a Pixel issue.

I am having the exact same problem in my 2014 Jeep GC

Wade Zilla

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Can pair audio but cannot pair phone, Chevy sonic. Silly how this basic task can still fail in the year 2016 on a "flagship phone". No problem with all previous Samsung phones to same vehicle. First few attempts failed did not get to code. Fourth attempt got past code but pair link on phone just flashes connected disconnected repeatedly.

Same thing with my 2013 Sonic. Audio for music works fine, phone just connects then disconnects repeatedly. Tried it in my wife's 2014 Sonic and works perfectly.

Last edited:

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with my 2016 Chevy Camaro. I had no issues with my 5x, but now with the Pixel XL I'm having text message problems. Every time someone texts me, it starts popping up that I have hundreds of text messages from various contacts. I can never clear them out. Music and phone work fine, but this texting issue is annoying because it takes over my center screen and covering one of the speedometers.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
So after going through the whole support process with Google on my Pixel I got the following email saying Bluetooth issues are "known".

bluetooth.jpg

This is to do with my issue about having random "stutters" while playing back music over bluetooth.

ohbroncofan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a BlueAnt S4 hands free, and the phone keeps losing connection on that as well. Google said it was a known issue, but I'm thinking about contacting Verizon to exchange for another Pixel.

Mark Munro

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Cant connect to my 2012 Chevy Cruze, did factory reset etc. Also got an email from Google asking me about car make and model. Did an exchange at Verizon yesterday and still have same problem. Wifes Pixel connects to my car and hers no problem. Frustrating

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having bluetooth issues as of today, to be exact. This is definitely a dealbreaker if it's not fixed soon.

When I got the Pixel XL, it paired perfectly with my 2014 BMW X1. I noticed Sunday that my Fitbit was having issues syncing, so I did a reboot. Today I'm driving in my car and it loses bluetooth connection for no reason. It was working fine one minute and then the next it was no longer connected. I tried deleting and repairing, but it doesn't pair. It doesn't give an error, it just works on pairing and then times out.

I seem to recall some sort of Google update that was pushed to my phone over the weekend and was curious if that affected my bluetooth.

Just wanted to post an update on my situation. I disabled auto-sync on my Fitbit and then was able to re-pair my car with my Pixel. It seems to be working now, but I'm disappointed if it's because the Pixel can't handle multiple Bluetooth devices....

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So after going through the whole support process with Google on my Pixel I got the following email saying Bluetooth issues are "known".

View attachment 243786

This is to do with my issue about having random "stutters" while playing back music over bluetooth.

Google has already acknowledged the camera flare issue and now this. I find this very encouraging!.........:cool:

Last edited:

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine has the issue as well. It connects and disconnects from my uconnect system in my Jeep.

I initially had this issue with my Jeep/Uconnect. I deleted all other saved devices from Uconnect and then paired the Pixel. This worked but if you allow the Uconnect permission to read texts, it will act like you are receiving texts over and over again 5 to 8X before stopping. All other functions work without issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777