Pixel Bricked, Quick Replacement

tpero

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Bad News:
Last night on my way home from work, I was playing solitaire on my pixel on the train. Got to the station with battery at about 30%, put my phone in my pocket, and walked home. As I approached my house, I used the Wink app to open my garage door, locked the phone and put it back in my pocket. When I got inside, I took my phone out of my pocket, and it wouldn't wake up / unlock. I tried holding down the power button, tried the power+volume down reset, nothing. I left it plugged in over night hoping it was a battery issue, nothing. Plugged it into my computer, and it recognizes that an Android device is plugged in, but it can't identify it as a pixel and I can't access the drive. Sometimes when I hold down the power button, it will give a short vibrate pulse, but that's the only sign of life I get from it.

Good News:
Submitted a ticket on Google support this morning, and the second I hit submit, my desk phone at work rang, and I was immediately connected to an agent. About 10 minutes later I had a confirmed warranty replacement order in-process. Should be here in a few days.

While the super efficient support process definitely helped lighten my mood, it really sucks not knowing what the hell caused my phone to brick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH