Pixle 4 + Black Friday

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Work scheduling reasons. I'm not busy now and had plenty of time to set up the phone (I'm the type who takes hours digging through every last setting of the phone). Beginning of Dec. I'll be busy w/work. Worth foregoing the extra $100 savings to have it a week earlier for me. :)
I'd be the same way! I tweak everything multiple times over!

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The $400 Best Buy offer is now live! Just placed my order and can confirm it's not bill credits. I ordered it as an upgrade on my Verizon account.

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Yep it is live! Also just placed my order through BB for a Pixel 4 XL 64gb, Verizon upgrade. It’s a $400 down payment and not BS bill credits. Verizon agreement shows $400 down payment and $499 financed. Glad I waited, $499 is a great price! Available for pick up on Sunday, can’t wait.

mageus

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what this means (for the BB deal)?
" Those customers Upgrading with a 2-Yr contract who have an Unlimited Data package will be enrolled in the Verizon 2GB Data Plan for that line for $30/month. If you complete this transaction, Unlimited Data cannot be returned to your line of service."

It implies that anyone on an unlimited plan will be switched over to a 2GB plan, but that doesn't make sense. I presume they're referring to grandfathered plans?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what this means (for the BB deal)?
" Those customers Upgrading with a 2-Yr contract who have an Unlimited Data package will be enrolled in the Verizon 2GB Data Plan for that line for $30/month. If you complete this transaction, Unlimited Data cannot be returned to your line of service."

It implies that anyone on an unlimited plan will be switched over to a 2GB plan, but that doesn't make sense. I presume they're referring to grandfathered plans?

That's for folks on the Legacy Unlimited Data Plan when data, text, and voice were separate.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep it is live! Also just placed my order through BB for a Pixel 4 XL 64gb, Verizon upgrade. It’s a $400 down payment and not BS bill credits. Verizon agreement shows $400 down payment and $499 financed. Glad I waited, $499 is a great price! Available for pick up on Sunday, can’t wait.
The $400 Best Buy offer is now live! Just placed my order and can confirm it's not bill credits. I ordered it as an upgrade on my Verizon account.
Hell of a deal. Wish Best buy has deals like that for T-Mobile :(

Last edited:

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Picked up from FedEx today morning and all set up. Packing my Amazon one to return.

a8aa76a79f4fa8aa2f413ce4a51b4a5d.jpg

I'm also in the same boat and waiting for Amazon to process my refund. I rarely return anything and am hoping this doesn't put a red flag on my account, though the phone was literally brand new and unopened since I have been busy with work and still using my 3 XL.

Now, I see that Amazon has matched Google's price. Next year, after seeing how all retailers seem to be matching Google, I'll wait to avoid the hassle of a return.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07Y...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6698171

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Just took the plunge and placed an order through Best Buy for a black 64GB unlocked. I'm on Verizon, but I didn't take the extra $200 for Verizon because I need to run dual SIM's for my business with one SIM Verizon, and the other on AT&T. I don't want any problems taking a Verizon phone to AT&T and I also hate the deal where I can't pay off the phone early and move on to something else.

I used PayPal credit and can pick the phone up immediately at my local Best Buy.

I'm also considering running it for a while as my personal phone replacing my Note 8 to see how I feel about dropping Samsung all together. My Note 8 hasn't been right since the Android 9 update, and there doesn't seem to be any fix coming from Samsung. I might very well end up with two Pixel 4 XL's or possibly a 4 XL and an iPhone.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Just took the plunge and placed an order through Best Buy for a black 64GB unlocked. I'm on Verizon, but I didn't take the extra $200 for Verizon because I need to run dual SIM's for my business with one SIM Verizon, and the other on AT&T. I don't want any problems taking a Verizon phone to AT&T and I also hate the deal where I can't pay off the phone early and move on to something else.

I used PayPal credit and can pick the phone up immediately at my local Best Buy.

I'm also considering running it for a while as my personal phone replacing my Note 8 to see how I feel about dropping Samsung all together. My Note 8 hasn't been right since the Android 9 update, and there doesn't seem to be any fix coming from Samsung. I might very well end up with two Pixel 4 XL's or possibly a 4 XL and an iPhone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If I got a new phone.
It has to be unlocked.
Don't care what kind bbn of deal is out there.
And how much they got it marked off.
Best Buy will finance the phone just like the carrier.
Problem with the carrier is, they don't want the phone paid off early.

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
You can pay the phone off after 14 days...

As I said yesterday, it’s not complicated. BB places a $400 down payment. It is a down payment and not bill credits. Read the terms of the Verizon agreement and it’s plain as day.

I did it with the Pixel 3 XL earlier this year and did it again with the 4 XL yesterday.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can pay the phone off after 14 days...

As I said yesterday, it’s not complicated. BB places a $400 down payment. It is a down payment and not bill credits. Read the terms of the Verizon agreement and it’s plain as day.

I did it with the Pixel 3 XL earlier this year and did it again with the 4 XL yesterday.

I talked to BB on their online number, and was informed that the $400 off came in the form of bill credits, not a down payment. I even referenced that I saw people online getting a one time payment right off the bat, and according to her that shouldn't have happened. The reason I called, was that I'd have to order online and have it shipped to me (I live 200 miles from the nearest brick and mortar store).

So for anyone here who got the one time down payment, did you buy it in a physical store or online?

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I talked to BB on their online number, and was informed that the $400 off came in the form of bill credits, not a down payment. I even referenced that I saw people online getting a one time payment right off the bat, and according to her that shouldn't have happened. The reason I called, was that I'd have to order online and have it shipped to me (I live 200 miles from the nearest brick and mortar store).

So for anyone here who got the one time down payment, did you buy it in a physical store or online?

I ordered mine online for in store pick up later this weekend. When you view / accept the terms of the Verizon agreement, it says there is a down payment of $400 and amount financed $499. Was the same thing last year. The rep you spoke with is not correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110