Please Help, want crt turn off animation on stock unrooted DX

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to eat with the family last night, and noticed my brothers bionic made this cool turn animation, so upon getting home, I got to searching on the web, and found that I can put it on my DROID X. I've rooted my phone before, but ill admit, im one of those guys that knows just enough to get my dang self in trouble, I know a little, very little, I think I used z4root. I tried last night using it, and z4root wont do anything with me on 4.5.605, the Verizon approved version of gingerbread. My question, how do I get this crt turn off animation on my DROID X?

There's information on Youtube and such, but its all stuff from the first of the year, before Verizon settled on 4.5.605. Thanks for your help.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Z4 wont work on GB, barely on Froyo anymore from what I have read.
The CRT animation was a standalone zip file when it was tossed around as a bonus and not stock in most aftermarket ROMS as it is now.

For rooting there is a one click method available for .602/.605
One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2) [From the Forums] | TalkAndroid.com

For some .602/.605 mods check this page(including CRT On/Off instead of just off)
[MOD] Various Mods: Pattern Unlock, Blue Battery 10%, CRT, Rotation Mix for Stock GB 4.5.602 - Android Forums

If you root with method above, then the mods in the 2nd link should work. Make sure you get CWR so you can flash .zip files easier.
If you have more questions, come back before you do something bad. It can happen, oh yes it can.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a bunch. I bought boot strapper for the DROID 2 a while back cause I was on froyo and wanted to try gingerbread. Is the cwr the same thing?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No. CWR has a built in flash tool that you can use to install .zip files. And a few other tweaks depending on build/ROM.
The D2 bootstrap will get you into stock recovery with fewer options.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I done everything like I think I was told. Now when I turn the phone on, everything looks as if its working correctly but then hundreds of windows come popping up saying that such and such apps are not working correctly and it gives you the option to force close them or report them. You hit the force close button and the window just pops right back up, and its the same with the other windows saying the voice command service is not working, or the bluetooth sharing is not working, another was the youtube, and gmail was not working correctly, and you hit force close and the windows just pop right back up.

Im afraid that Im going to have to do a factory reset, start from that new out of the box state, Im hoping it doesn't come to that, I just got the phone sit up the way I like.

I got the phone rooted, and I put CWR on, and the phone was acting just fine. Then I got on my PC, and put the crt mod onto my phone. Then I run CWR, went through the menus and found the zip file for the crt mod, and I ran the mod. Next I rebooted the phone, and thats when all this started happening. The crt turn off animation works though but now I have a cool animation and a worthless phone. Please Help!!!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am on a train to NYC currently so I attempt to do some googling. Also read deep into those threads that u have links from for similar issues with other users.
You can try a factory reset. Worse case scenario you'll be back at square one but possibly less one step of troubleshooting. If the CRT doesnt stick then you know your root process is safe.

Sent from the ICS'd X of B

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
God bless you for helping us that don't know about rooting like we should. I went to the mods link you suggested and downloaded the mod removal zip file off there. Put it on my phone, run it from CWR, and it stopped all the force closing. And you where right, I should of read the post on that mod thread, they where complaining about force closing like crazy.

Now I have another question, the phone is rooted using the method you suggested. I received some app updates from android market, tried to update them, and it goes to downloading the app, completes the download, then it says updating "what ever" app, and a force close pop up comes up on market place.

I don't expect for you guys to do all the research, I only ask just in case its something you yourselves have ran into and can answer quickly. Ill do some research and see if I can not resolve the issue.

I think id prefer to just go back completely stock, Verizon approved unrooted. Im trying to rebuild a hot rod car engine and don't know a dang thing about mechanics. Lol

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
"And you where right, I should of read the post on that mod thread, they where complaining about force closing like crazy."

Nice to see you're learning the way some of us did.

Anyway about the Market, I am not sure on that. Maybe you need to update your Market(sometimes it is that simple). I have ver 3.3.1.1 and working fine.

If going back to stock is what makes you comfortable, then be comfortable. It will give you more learning time instead of "oh damn not this again" time.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Went to manage apps, market, uninstalled updates, let the phone update the market back to the version you have. Everything works great. Thanks jersey boy for helping me at least get my DX rooted at least. Im gonna take time to learn about all this stuff. Thanks again and God Bless Ya brother.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much for helping a newbie out. I done some searching around, and I found a download link of the crt turn off animation for rooted .605 gingerbread that didn't have to be deodexed.

That first time I was getting massive forces closes with that first zip file I downloaded, and so far, this second zip file here, everything seems to be functioning like it should. Time will tell.

For those of you that would be interested, heres the link.
[MODS] GB stock .602 update MODS

For those of you that are familar with the community, a person who calls hisself "Wulf" i think is the one who made this work.

Thank you Jerseyboy again for your help. I thought I was happy with all stock, I got bit by the bug now, I like this modding stuff. Before I was trapped in a cage, and didn't know any better, now you have unlocked my cage door, and theres a big world outside the box, the options seem endless. Thanks Man...

Reactions: jerseyboy357

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
while Im here, and Id like to hear opinions, ill do some research but what are the advantages to being deodexed, and all stock ... will rooted now on .605 shall I state?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23