Poetic: Perfect Case for the GN 2014

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the IVSO bluetooth/case off Amazon. It looks like an EXACT COPY of the Poetic Bluetooth Keyboard/Case.. In fact, I looked at both of them for about a half hour, and they seem exactly alike except the IVSO has a smoother grain of fake or real leather and white stitching , both I like very well. The IVSO case was the same as the Poetic. BTW, they cost the same, maybe a difference of a $1. Even looked at the ratings, the IVSO case had 4.2 out 5, whereas the Poetic case had 4 out 5 stars.. Both had over 600 feedbacks..

Amazon.com: IVSO Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case / Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

Last edited:

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the Poetic Slimline case and am very happy with it. I also bought a Shocksock neoprene slipcase for it to slip into and it works great. I feel much safer carrying it around when I leave the house if I have the splicover on. My only complaint about the Poetic is that I wish the cutout for the USB charger was a millimeter larger. Sometimes the connector does not make as firm a connection as I would like. Outside of that I think it's a great case!

Kevin

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Poetic Slimline case and am very happy with it. I also bought a Shocksock neoprene slipcase for it to slip into and it works great. I feel much safer carrying it around when I leave the house if I have the splicover on. My only complaint about the Poetic is that I wish the cutout for the USB charger was a millimeter larger. Sometimes the connector does not make as firm a connection as I would like. Outside of that I think it's a great case!

Kevin

Have no problems with the charger...

But as to the Shocksock, that's a great idea because I do travel a lot.

However, I don't actually see one for the Tablet 2014. I see one as an armband for the Galaxy note 3 and i see some for the S4, but where did you get the one for the Note 2014?

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I also use the Poetic case. I don't like that it only has 2 viewing angles, almost straight up and way down for typing. I like a 45 degree angle for normal reading, so to compensate, I use an Incipio adjustable stand and love it. It can go together in numerous positions. I can even charge it without having to turn it upside down. There is just enough room to fit at this angle. Makes for a great combination.

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Have no problems with the charger...

But as to the Shocksock, that's a great idea because I do travel a lot.

However, I don't actually see one for the Tablet 2014. I see one as an armband for the Galaxy note 3 and i see some for the S4, but where did you get the one for the Note 2014?

I bought it from a UK vendor on Ebay. The case fits perfectly for the Note even with the Poetic case on it. Here is the link:

Shocksock Black Neoprene Sleeve Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition | eBay

UPDATE:
Looks like Amazon UK also carries this sleeve:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Edition-Neoprene-Shocksock/dp/B00F40VK0K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389623480&sr=8-1&keywords=shocksock+note+10.1+2014

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I also use the Poetic case. I don't like that it only has 2 viewing angles, almost straight up and way down for typing. I like a 45 degree angle for normal reading, so to compensate, I use an Incipio adjustable stand and love it. It can go together in numerous positions. I can even charge it without having to turn it upside down. There is just enough room to fit at this angle. Makes for a great combination.

Do you have a link to the Incipio one? I can't seem to find it... I also like the Poetic because of how slim it is, but hate that it only has two (rather steep) positions.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I ended up buying the rooCASE Origami and I am really pleased with it... it looks good, has a nice feel, no smell, perfect cutouts, can charge with the case closed, sleep/wake works perfectly, it can stand up the tablet in a few landscape modes and 1 portrait mode. Just my 2 cents :)

I also rather the Roo because it protects more of the tablet. The poetic leaves too much bare for my liking.

Posted via GN3 Android Central App

alias4cat

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I ended up buying a Coach sleeve leather case for made for iPads. Got it on eBay for about $25. It's a tight fight, but looks and feels quite lovely. That's only for carrying around; I'm still looking around a for a metal folio keyboard case, but that type of hunting has been a source of frustration for me as there is really nothing out there that I want. Maybe the new PRO 10.1 will bring about some options. In the meantime, thanks for the Incipio suggestion. A stand would be nice and I both like the looks and multi-positions of that model.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought it from a UK vendor on Ebay. The case fits perfectly for the Note even with the Poetic case on it. Here is the link:

Shocksock Black Neoprene Sleeve Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition | eBay

UPDATE:
Looks like Amazon UK also carries this sleeve:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Edition-Neoprene-Shocksock/dp/B00F40VK0K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389623480&sr=8-1&keywords=shocksock+note+10.1+2014

Well, I ordered. Truthfully, I'm not thrilled. It's ok, but I thought it would add a bit more padding and protection. It is really kinda flimsy. It's better than nothing and of course it is very light, but for the case around the case concept I had, it doesn't add quite enough. Good try, though, and not worthless.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
can you please send us a link to this slipcase you have and do you use it with the Poetic case on the tablet? I've been thinking about getting a slipcase too. Preferably a neoprene with a fold over flap and velcro and large enough that the tab will fit with it's case on.

Kevin

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
charles777, I like the icons. What launcher and theme is that?

I'm using the free version of Nova Launcher, and it's the Stealth icon pack :) It also comes with dark patterned wallpapers.
I hid the icon labels and played around with the number of rows and columns.
The biggest challenge on this tablet is finding HD wallpapers that work well in both portrait and landscape... every time I find one that I think looks cool, when I apply it, it blows up the imagine and shows just one portion of it. I downloaded Wallpaper Wizardrii and that helps sometimes but it's been hit and miss.
The icons are well done and every week the developer adds about 15 or 20 new ones to keep up with popular apps.
Image 5.jpg

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
can you please send us a link to this slipcase you have and do you use it with the Poetic case on the tablet? I've been thinking about getting a slipcase too. Preferably a neoprene with a fold over flap and velcro and large enough that the tab will fit with it's case on.

I posted the link above but in case you missed it here it is again:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Edition-Neoprene-Shocksock/dp/B00F40VK0K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389623480&sr=8-1&keywords=shocksock+note+10.1+2014&tag=androcentr-21&m1k=vb_ac

And monsieurms I'm sorry that the case doesn't live up to your expectations. It's as good as any other Neoprene case I have owned. The only thing I wish was different was the velcro flap.. I'd rather have had a pullover type flap like one of my smaller cases but I still find it quite functional and does add a layer of protection that I feel more comfortable taking with me. The Poetic case is a good cover but does not off a lot of protection.

Kevin

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

It does fit with the Poetic case on it. You have to tug just a little to close the flap, but it works easily.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the free version of Nova Launcher, and it's the Stealth icon pack :) It also comes with dark patterned wallpapers.
I hid the icon labels and played around with the number of rows and columns.
The biggest challenge on this tablet is finding HD wallpapers that work well in both portrait and landscape... every time I find one that I think looks cool, when I apply it, it blows up the imagine and shows just one portion of it. I downloaded Wallpaper Wizardrii and that helps sometimes but it's been hit and miss.
The icons are well done and every week the developer adds about 15 or 20 new ones to keep up with popular apps.
View attachment 101797

Thanks for the Info: I had planned on putting Nova launcher on it as soon as it arrives.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao