Portenzo Case

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Those of you who have ordered any shipping updates? I thought they said they'd get them out by last Friday.

They said they would start shipping last Friday. And my assumption was that was for the standard case and not necessarily the Alano. My past experience with this company is that you will need to be very patient, especially if they get hit with a lot of orders. In my experience, delays are common. The final product is probably the best on the market of this type, but the waits are long and can be VERY long.

I would be happy if I received my Alano before the end of August. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sept. I hope thy surprise me but I'm preparing for the long haul.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
They said they would start shipping last Friday. And my assumption was that was for the standard case and not necessarily the Alano. My past experience with this company is that you will need to be very patient, especially if they get hit with a lot of orders. In my experience, delays are common. The final product is probably the best on the market of this type, but the waits are long and can be VERY long.

I would be happy if I received my Alano before the end of August. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sept. I hope thy surprise me but I'm preparing for the long haul.

Would you happen to know if there is any type of felt or lining to protect the housing on the Nexus? I know its wood against plastic but just want to be safe.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
They said they would start shipping last Friday. And my assumption was that was for the standard case and not necessarily the Alano.

The Friday shipping they indicated was when they would start shipping, meaning that the first units would go out that point. I'm just guessing here, but I'd suspect that that's just the 'standard' models, not the 'premium' ones, and even then probably going to be limited to the initial order flurry that went out when the site went live (i.e., if you ordered last Thursday night, it probably didn't ship out last Friday).

Also, just finished a live chat with Lea. Alano series cases are running a 7-10 business day production cycle, with the cases for the Nexus 7 likely pushing more towards the 10-day.

I ordered mine about 10 minutes after the ordering site went up (had a nice chat with Lea while waiting for them to implement a code which would denote it in their system) so I'm hoping mine might make it out to me early next week!

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Would you happen to know if there is any type of felt or lining to protect the housing on the Nexus? I know its wood against plastic but just want to be safe.

No felt or any sort of lining. Within the wood frame, there are four rubber grips (one each corner) that hold the device in place. As a result, it seems the device makes only moderate/light contact with the rest of the frame and the back of the case. The grips are nice and hold the device well, while causing no damage (at least not to my iPad). I stored my naked iPad in the case and it caused no issues whatsoever (no scratches, etc). Hope that helps!

Reactions: FD2

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a standard one yesterday. Lea was very helpful and she was able to get me free ground shipping. The one i ordered was Faux Leather, red lining, with the hidden magnets and intellstand. Was about 60 bucks, 7-10 work days for production. These are handmade so they do take a long time to make.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
After watching this video. I'm extra happy that I went this route. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwK3X8KNxs[/YT]

SpenceJonas

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a standard one yesterday. Lea was very helpful and she was able to get me free ground shipping. The one i ordered was Faux Leather, red lining, with the hidden magnets and intellstand. Was about 60 bucks, 7-10 work days for production. These are handmade so they do take a long time to make.

Lea must of not of liked me :'(

I asked about any coupon codes and she said they weren't offering any for the Nexus

nicraz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
From their FB page:

Daily Flavor: A whole lot of Google Nexus 7 cases almost ready to be shipped!
306729_420919114625689_2071787683_n.jpg

Reactions: bunique4life05

slashy42

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got my shipping notification as well. No estimated delivery date yet, however.

Edit: delivery estimate is now Friday.

Last edited:

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So jealous! I ordered mine today so i have no idea when i`ll get mine. The sooner the better but im hoping it comes by the end of the month.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Congrats to all with shipping notices. Gives me hope that my Alano will ship by end of next week.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Congrats to all with shipping notices. Gives me hope that my Alano will ship by end of next week.

I ordered on Monday (Alano) and I was told that mine would ship Tuesday (next week).
Yours probably will too. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61