Possibility of a lower price??

brucipher

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Well, I just got off the phone with Verizon Wireless. I was thinking of ordering through amazon to save some money, but my primary line is not eligible for upgrade, but the secondary line is. There was no way to transfer the upgrade on the Amazon site, so I called Verizon to see if they could help me with that. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do.

Interestingly enough as I spoke with the girl on the phone, she told me that she could not verify the price since the phone had not yet been officially released, but I may want to wait because it might be less than i think. I explained to her that I know Verizon put out a press release stating the price as 249.99, and she eluded that there may be a surprise.

Who knows, take this with a huge grain of salt, but I thought I would pass on my conversation. Could have just been another totally clueless Verizon Wireless rep...

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It would be more odd to have a press release with an incorrect price though...

I thought the 3rd party resellers always had lower prices? Albeit with additional contracts and ETF's.

brucipher

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe it! The phone Rep at verizon was right! When I add it to my cart on the Verizon Wireless website it comes up as $199! I wonder if the stores will sell it for the same...

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe it! The phone Rep at verizon was right! When I add it to my cart on the Verizon Wireless website it comes up as $199! I wonder if the stores will sell it for the same...

redunkulous! The ONLY reason I ordered from Amazon last night was because it was $250 at VZW and only $180 at Amazon. I figured saving $140 + tax for 2 phones was worth waiting a couple extra days. First phone went through fine, second was backordered (wasn't when I started). Great, that also happened to be my line.

Now I get up this morning and look online and its only $170 direct from VZW!!! WTF? You were right, the press release was wrong. Mind-blowing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon