Post your highest 4G performance test

qitupx

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Speedtest APP was giving me about 2.5 down and 1mb up in Portland, OR on 4g
When I used the speakeasy website with Flash Lite, I was getting 5.5 and .5 up. Not too bad...The speedtest app does seem to start climbing but the test ends before It can get higher than 2.5....

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
The SpeakEasy site is much more inline with what the Overdrive shows. Looks like Speedtest app might be itself a bottleneck.

I'm getting 6Mbps+ with Evo via speakeasy, same as Overdrive.

Speakeasy Speed Test

Will update post 1 to use speakeasy instead of speedtest app.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No 4G here in brooklyn yet but after 3 tests on:
-wifi highest I got was 8351 DL & 2113 UL
-3G highest A WHOPPING 120 kbps DL and 214 kbps UL... Um, WOW!
The i turned the 4G on just for S&G's and got 740dl/873ul

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well... crap. I guess it's just Hawaii that's screwed then. :( Earlier this evening I was getting 58k (!!!) down using the web version of speedtest.net. Later, I installed the app version, and I got a somewhat more respectable (but still craptacular) 541 kb down, 969 kb up. Here's a screenshot which shows 4G at top and Wifi below.

P.S.: ShootMe is frickin sweet. ShootMe (Screen Grabber) - Android app on AppBrain

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Did testing around midtown/downtown KC streets. 4g dropped at times. Got 2-5.5Mbps mostly and the 7M peak I posted earlier.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
No offense, post pictures or it did not happen.
I get 3.5 down and 1.28 up on ATT 3G with my Nexus. Tulsa, Oklahoma. No wifi.

I personally would be pissed at anything less than 6 down on 4G.

And no, just because I don't show you a pic does not mean I'm lying. Trees fall in the woods when you're not there, even though you don't hear them.

Played with an EVO today, really nice device. If I had 4G here in Tulsa I would be on it.

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I get 3.5 down and 1.28 up on ATT 3G with my Nexus. Tulsa, Oklahoma. No wifi.

I personally would be pissed at anything less than 6 down on 4G.

And no, just because I don't show you a pic does not mean I'm lying. Trees fall in the woods when you're not there, even though you don't hear them.

Played with an EVO today, really nice device. If I had 4G here in Tulsa I would be on it.

It can happen. Here's a speed test of AT&T HSPA connection around 3 Mbps from an iPhone 3GS on Oahu (tethered, I believe):

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
It can happen. Here's a speed test of AT&T HSPA connection around 3 Mbps from an iPhone 3GS on Oahu (tethered, I believe):
Here is one that is representative of what I get at home in the southeast suburbs of Tulsa:

If I'm driving around town, it can be anywhere from .80mb/s to 2.50mb/s. For some reason I get great coverage at home in my house.

Last edited:

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is one I just ran using the Android Speedtest app on my Nexus at home. If I keep doing it I will eventually start hitting 3+ numbers. It's funny but I almost always get 1.28 up, no matter where in town I am. upload is very consistent here. I ran it to the server in Dallas this time for a little variation, and so it wan't so close.

http://www.speedtest.net/android/4593186.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37