Power control widget bug 4.3

FrostNixon

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have 4.3 on my nexus 4 but my power control widget gets bugged - the icons don't change when i click them (the wifi. gps etc) even though they do work they still stay the same which is annoying . It gets fixed when i remove and add the power control widget again but only for a short period. Anyone else having this problem?

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any problem with it. Do you have another app that controls one of the settings on the power control widget?

Sent from my Nexus 4 on 4.3

uninspired

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing with 4.3 and Nova Launcher (Prime). It's not just the built-in power control widget, either. The Power Toggles widget acts similarly -- it works for a while, and then the indicator gets 'stuck.' If I delete the widget and then add it, it works again for a little while and then does the same thing. Doesn't seem to matter which toggle (e.g., It's not just the Wi-Fi or just the Bluetooth or any particular toggle). I haven't had a chance to try it with Nova uninstalled.

FrostNixon

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing with 4.3 and Nova Launcher (Prime). It's not just the built-in power control widget, either. The Power Toggles widget acts similarly -- it works for a while, and then the indicator gets 'stuck.' If I delete the widget and then add it, it works again for a little while and then does the same thing. Doesn't seem to matter which toggle (e.g., It's not just the Wi-Fi or just the Bluetooth or any particular toggle). I haven't had a chance to try it with Nova uninstalled.

Absolutely the same, and I tried with Power Toggles yesterday and still the same, not sure if its because of the nova or not, please if u happen to try without it share the info, ty.

WJ360

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my nexus 4 using Nova Launcher... it does not happen when I use the regular Android launcher. It started when I got the 4.3 upgrade this past weekend... before that it worked perfectly with nova launcher

Ben Alcantara

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm so glad I found this post as I was so close to doing a tedious factory reset. I was having problems too as I use power toggles with nova launcher on my Nexus 4. But it's not only that I've got a few widgets which will play up on occasion and will stop working properly. Hopefully this will fixed soon.

Stephen Dail

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Going to add the old "me too" to this. Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. Same issues - WiFi toggle works for a bit, then quits displaying changes until the bar is removed from the home screen and re-added. Then works for a bit...wash, rinse, repeat.

However, I've noticed the toggle *does* actually work. You just don't know because the icon doesn't change. Of course, since the icon doesn't change, you don't know if it registered the finger press so then you have to check anyway. :confused:

Ben Alcantara

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Going to add the old "me too" to this. Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. Same issues - WiFi toggle works for a bit, then quits displaying changes until the bar is removed from the home screen and re-added. Then works for a bit...wash, rinse, repeat.

However, I've noticed the toggle *does* actually work. You just don't know because the icon doesn't change. Of course, since the icon doesn't change, you don't know if it registered the finger press so then you have to check anyway. :confused:

Yep looks like we're all using Nova Launcher while various widgets start playing up. Must be aan issue with Nova Launcher. Hopefuly they fix this soon cos I can't work like this, it's so frustrating to have to restart my phone everytime a widget plays up.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed the same thing on my Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. My WeatherBug widget doesn't update unless I remove and readd. I thought it was a problem with the widget until I tried Eye In The Sky and found out it does the same thing. Thanks for pointing me at Nova being the problem, I never would have thought of it.

Ben Alcantara

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed the same thing on my Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher. My WeatherBug widget doesn't update unless I remove and readd. I thought it was a problem with the widget until I tried Eye In The Sky and found out it does the same thing. Thanks for pointing me at Nova being the problem, I never would have thought of it.

It sucks cos I love using Nova Launcher so much. I actually tried going back to the stock launcher but I couldn't stand the persistent Google search bar and limited customization. I'm going to make a comment on the Google Play App page stating my issues. I suggest you do they same so that the devs for this app take notice. Hopefully the fix this asap...

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Got a reply:

Kevin TeslaCoil
2:02 PM (26 minutes ago)
Fixed in the next update
-Kevin (mobile)

Just a matter of time, now.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I just received a new update for Nova Launcher lets hope this is the fix we were hoping for

Looks like it does. I responded to the previous message and he confirmed that the widget fix was included in 2.2. Things are looking pretty good so far for my Nexus 4 and 7.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unknownrdssdg