Pre-installed screen protector

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
We have something going on at work with our insurance and you get money for doing certain things and I just got a $130 Amazon gift card so there's two i-blason cases that I want to try one is about 15 and one is about 21 so and then I'll wait and see how I like the OtterBox symmetry in person or the tech 21 before I get another one or I might do Spigen.

I wish they'd already made Wireless 2.0 charging stands I didn't see any on Amazon and I'd like to get a new card off that does wireless charging eventually. and I've already got a 256 card unopened I may get one for my husband.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The plastic wet apply ones work very well. I only just want to protect the screen from micro scratches from dirt and sand Which is really the only thing that will scratch gorilla glass. This way when I sell to recoup, I can say the screen is in mint condition.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I hear the Whitestone Dome glass screen protector works

Apparently not - my brother got an S10+ from eBay and slapped a Whitestone on- he told me the fingerprint reader doesn’t work reliably.

It already took several attempts to register and since then it’s been hit or miss - I saw him try 4-5 times until it finally unlocked

Could be a genera issue with the ultrasonic reader though - some reviewers say it’s much slower than a regular one on the back or side of the phone

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It says clear cover protective film I don't think you get a case and protector? But I am hoping they all have the protector. Now I am upset I didn't look while in Best Buy. They didn't even have any cases yet. I am calling them back to ask. But yes whitestone is the only glass one that will work supposedly and is supposed to be very good. I will just keep what's on the phone.

"Pattern Cover" and "Protective Film"

I've seen the pattern cover in an S10E unboxing. Has a bunch of patterned holes in the back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Apparently not - my brother got an S10+ from eBay and slapped a Whitestone on- he told me the fingerprint reader doesn’t work reliably.

It already took several attempts to register and since then it’s been hit or miss - I saw him try 4-5 times until it finally unlocked

Could be a genera issue with the ultrasonic reader though - some reviewers say it’s much slower than a regular one on the back or side of the phone

Sorry for late reply, did he have the sensitivity setting on? If that's a option anymore on the s10.
I'm probably going stay with the ones that come preinstalled for time being.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Which did you order?

I got the UniqueMe 3 pack of TPU protectors, as well as a LankXin tempered glass protector. I don't expect the glass screen protector to work with the FPS, but I figured that for $9 I might as well try it and see what happens.

Though since we've got a pre-installed screen protector, I doubt I'll even do that now!

Techish

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot from video.........
90f68a57cb60a712c0b1b8422f234c08.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Even if the Whitedome works it will act as buffer against the sound waves, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a reduction in speed and accuracy. It would be nice to see a side by side comparison.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Even if the Whitedome works it will act as buffer against the sound waves, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a reduction in speed and accuracy. It would be nice to see a side by side comparison.

I agree on that , but they have in settings sensitivity toggle for screen protectors hope it's still a option on s10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796