Pre-ordering with Best Buy

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
They couldn't tell me anything when I called customer support or the store.
Is it worth opening a phone call with BB in a separate tab while I'm working and griping about this situation? I mean...I preordered something almost two weeks before it was released, and I still don't have it.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe you are correct.

BB needs to pull it together. they lost my business this year because of how poorly they handled pre-orders for the Note 8. I would have thought there would be changes by now.

I was going to order regularly through them but they wanted me to walk in my Note 8 for the exchange and that's just nuts. everyone else allows you to ship it in. they're still operating in the dark ages.

parmend01

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to Best buy about my order they can't even tell me when more coming in. So I'm guessing August 30th date out the window. Is this a BestBuy thing or a Samsung thing? Tempted to cancel it but I'll lose out on my $300 trade-in and $150 Samsung gift card.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to Best buy about my order they can't even tell me when more coming in. So I'm guessing August 30th date out the window. Is this a BestBuy thing or a Samsung thing? Tempted to cancel it but I'll lose out on my $300 trade-in and $150 Samsung gift card.
It's a best buy thing for sure. You could lose the $150 gift anyway, there is a limited number.

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Best buy has no idea about the phone, it was supposed to be ready today

I'm pissed. Earlier today my preorder update stated ready on August 30th, no august 30 is removed and says in progress. And isn't it correct we can't register for our preorder gift through Samsung until we have the phone in hand?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm pissed. Earlier today my preorder update stated ready on August 30th, no august 30 is removed and says in progress. And isn't it correct we can't register for our preorder gift through Samsung until we have the phone in hand?
Same here. Just says progress, no date now.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
AT&T Aura Glow, preordered the 10th, ship to home. BB swore the day before release mine would be here despite no shipping info (I assumed no way but they insisted repeatedly). Then at midnight my time they send the delayed email, no anticipated new date. The other day the called about an activation issue, and managed to get my current SIM disabled in the process leaving me to deal with AT&T. He said I'd get a shipping notice within 24 hours, it did take a full 24 hours and UPS notified me first. Shockingly, it will be here tomorrow. The kicker, though, at least to me?

It shipped from my local freaking store. Same one that never showed having any of the phone in stock since launch. And if that's true, why ship mine there first? I can't even believe it was at the local damn store. I did a double take at the shipment details. My call about activation was not a local person, by the way.

Trying Samsung.com next year. Clearly they have issues too, but I have had several maddening experiences with BB and thought the online preorder would be different. My bad.

I will say though, I'm grateful it is going to be here and very sorry to those still waiting. Hang in there, because at no time did mine promise to arrive at all. It just said if they couldn't fulfill the order by the 22nd, they'd cancel it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is correct you can not register for your gift from Samsung until you have the phone.

Changing from ready on the 30th to in progress could be a good sign, there's movement.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
AT&T Aura Glow, preordered the 10th, ship to home. BB swore the day before release mine would be here despite no shipping info (I assumed no way but they insisted repeatedly). Then at midnight my time they send the delayed email, no anticipated new date. The other day the called about an activation issue, and managed to get my current SIM disabled in the process leaving me to deal with AT&T. He said I'd get a shipping notice within 24 hours, it did take a full 24 hours and UPS notified me first. Shockingly, it will be here tomorrow. The kicker, though, at least to me?

It shipped from my local freaking store. Same one that never showed having any of the phone in stock since launch. And if that's true, why ship mine there first? I can't even believe it was at the local damn store. I did a double take at the shipment details. My call about activation was not a local person, by the way.

Trying Samsung.com next year. Clearly they have issues too, but I have had several maddening experiences with BB and thought the online preorder would be different. My bad.

I will say though, I'm grateful it is going to be here and very sorry to those still waiting. Hang in there, because at no time did mine promise to arrive at all. It just said if they couldn't fulfill the order by the 22nd, they'd cancel it.

Having worked for Best Buy Mobile before they closed. I can tell you that Best Buy always ships items from the closes store. They very seldom ship them from warehouses. They say they do this as cost effective move to save money. So they basically use their stores as warehouses. It also allows customers to get their orders quicker....so they say.

They get merchandise in and scan it into the store. Once its scanned in, then an alert is given informing that store to ship the item out for a online order. A label is automatically generated..the item is packed and shipped out the next day...normally in the morning.

I always used to recommend to people to NOT preorder with us when I worked there...for this very reason. I wouldn't want to preorder something with the interpretation that I'm getting it on release day and when release day came, my phone isn't here.

We were told to tell the customers that preordered "A preorder will guarantee you'll get the phone. However, it doesn't guarantee WHEN you'll get the phone" which I thought was BS.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Having worked for Best Buy Mobile before they closed. I can tell you that Best Buy always ships items from the closes store.

I wondered about this and figured that was the case in most situations. my last two orders were an exception, a printer and my Note 8. both came from elsewhere and I am so thankful since my local store is bogus.

ntshe

Aug 30, 2019
Visit site
Mine says " ordered received" now, no estimated date yet. I stopped by yesterday at BB, got ping ponged for 30 mins between mobile people to ready to pickup to few others. Note I ordered on 10th, Aura glow, Verizon.

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Woww....i hope it's there for you. I just checked mine and no update....still shows in progress. And I went onto BB website and anyone can have one shipped and it shows receive by Saturday. I won't preorder with BB again. Lesson learned!

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I wondered about this and figured that was the case in most situations. my last two orders were an exception, a printer and my Note 8. both came from elsewhere and I am so thankful since my local store is bogus.

The only thing wrong with this process is that sometimes stores dont have a dedicated person working orders or they have lazy workers doing online orders. So orders never get pulled and never gets shipped till a day or two later in some cases.

Wednesday evening around 5pm I did a in-store pick up for a Samsung Note 10+ case. The only thing the worker has to do is go on the floor, grab the case, scan it and attached a pick up slip on it and take it to counter for in store pick ups.

I should've had the case the same day. That's what it said when I ordered it. I picked it up yesterday..a whole day later. They never pulled the case at all. I ended up grabbing the case off the shelf and just buying it and cancelling my order.

So if your store has lazy workers, orders will most definitely be delayed as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT