Predict when the Epic 4G will get 2.2 Froyo...

When will the Epic 4G get Froyo?

• Total voters

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It isn't out for European Galaxies yet, just a beta. The final for Europe will come in September, and we will be lucky to get it before the end of the year.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i say within a month. even though its out in september in ero i believe/hope that by the end or in the first week of Oct we should have it.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
advocates told mid to end of October, but they got di07 about 10 days earlier than retail buyers.
I don't know how anyone could think within a month of release. that is crazy, and sprint and samsung have never said anything but "about the amount of time between evo launch and its froyo update": which make for nov/dec

robrob

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if the Epic never sees Android 3.0. The phone companies are making a lot of money on phone upgrades--look at how many iPhone users immediately upgrade to the latest hardware version.

Last edited:

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if the Epic never sees Android 3.0. The phone companies are making a lot of money on phone upgrades--look at how many iPhone users immediately upgrade to the latest hardware version.

And the iPhone has a history of receiving updates for 2.5 years after release.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I just hope they address the other Epic issues along with the 2.2 update:

Mind you - despite all these "fixes" I'd like to see- I still like the phone better than my Evo- but Evo definitely did not have all of these problems below...

-Fix the 150kb data cap upload.

-TV out (DLNA is NOT THE SAME- you cannot run apps on TV using DLNA only pics and vids.)

-Add a video player. An app that saves where you left off, an ability to browse your videos on the phone and select one for playback- and the default player for playing any video from the web.

-Support for Web videos. MP4's streamed do not seem to work (this is not a flash issue) I swear, if I see one more "this video format is not readable by this device" on my Epic AFTER froyo release- Sprint/Samsung's gonna have a few million angry owners on their hands.

-Bluetooth call audio takes PRIORITY over in line audio jack. Having to unplug a line in (when using audio out cord to headphone jack) when you want to make a phone call is unacceptable. I haven't had to do this with a phone since the DAWN OF BLUETOOTH. Fix it Samsung.

-Be able to copy text from email you've received or forwarded text. (Try it- no can do- only live type that you've yet to "send" can you highlight and edit.)

-Change it so if you have multiple apps in the task manager (over 6) running- clicking on them will launch them. (This will address multitasking over 6 apps without crowding the long press Home function)

-Enable corporate PHONE lookup. (not just calendar)

-VCARD support for contacts- it currently does not recognize VCARD files sent via sms or email!

-Be able to view the phone number you texted- not just the caller name- if you accidentally text a home number - and have a thread for the mobile number- both threads will only view the caller name. Also in call log- need duration of phone call.

-While they're at it- there's a contact log hidden in the phone - it shows all linked communications whether it be via email, sms, call log, facebook etc... it doesn't work well and is inconsistent and is to work with the Buddies Samsung widget. Make this call log a tab in the phone application. (Call it contact history) I'd pay money to see this function work correctly and NOT have to use a broken samsung widget to get access to this call log that IS hidden in the phone.

Lesser offenses:
-Bring back all the touchwiz 3 features you stripped out of the Epic (editing of homescreens, dock, application tray- bring back all the other Galaxy Widgets)

-Be able to set a default calendar other than the phone calendar.

-Be able to adjust calendar colors and reverse copy (black text on colored blocks sucks)

Gosh- looking at my list- it'll be 2011 before they fix all that! Maybe I should change my vote...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00