private albums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to mark your photo albums private so they won't appear in your gallery?

Try this:

Open the play store application and press the magnifying glass in the top-right corner. Type "file manager" in the search field and press "Go." Read the reviews and ratings of different file managers to decide which is best for you, then download the application. Select a file manager that lets you edit file names.

Open the file manager to find the album that you want to hide. Look for a magnifying glass icon to press and perform the search. Search for a file called "Camera" to find the photos you have taken with your phone. Downloaded photos appear in files named things like "Download" or "Download." You found the right file when you see thumbnails of the photos.

Find a text file with your file manager. Use your file manager program to make a copy of it, then paste it in the album you want to hide. With most file managers, you just need to press on the file until a menu comes up that gives you a list of options, one of which will be to copy the file. Go back to your album file and select the "Paste" option.

Rename the file to ".nomedia" without the quotation marks. This tricks the phone into thinking there aren't any photos in the folder. Your photo album is now hidden and will not come up when you open your photo gallery.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can try an app called "vaulty". It will store your pics in a vault and you will need a password to access the hidden pics. You can even hide the app so it won't show in your app tray. If someone tries to access the app without you knowing, it will automatically snap a pic of them with your front facing camera. Free app too. Check it out

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

canadiantexan72

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
How would you be able to see the album again after re-naming it to .pics instead of pics?? I did this to one of my albums and now I can't even find it under 'my files'. how do i access it again?

Thanks!

samjohnson10

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Give Photo Locker a try too. Passcode access, encrypts your photos and even hides the app icon (when you enable stealth mode). Of course, the hidden photos won't be in the public gallery anymore.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
i use hide it pro which makes an app icon that says audio manager. its completely disguised as audio functions, and you can PIN lock it, and it gives you a "bail out" pin so if you put it in, it appears to be empty.

this app also allows for secret text messages and phone contacts.. im guessing it was developed by a cheating spouse lol!! but its a great app and free, and the advertisments are very minimal. i started using it because my other phones wouldnt allow me to build different gallery folders. im glad the note2 allows me to build galleries, but Hide It Pro is great for people who want to hide stuff on their phone or tablet

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
How would you be able to see the album again after re-naming it to .pics instead of pics?? I did this to one of my albums and now I can't even find it under 'my files'. how do i access it again?

Thanks!

How do you access the album again if you do that?

I have not done this, but you should be able to go back into your file explorer of choice, make sure the setting for the file explorer are set to show hidden files is on, and look back in the folder your pics are in, and you should see them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred