PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
^^^EDIT^^^

Was hoping sombody would reply, but the forum seems to be fairly quiet this weekend.....
After about 4-5hours I finally got it accomplished in recovery mode & QPST.
I went with 61677.
If anyone else has another verified/ proven, or one that is better than another, shall we say, Would be much appreciated:)

Well mostly it's ymmv with prl updates. If a new prl has you connecting to different towers that are closer then with your old prl you could see improved signal. If your still connecting to the same towers you might not see any difference.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm bumping this thread up.
It has been quite a few months since any recent PRL update# I was playing around with different ones today actually, but still ended up keeping what works best in my area(61677).
I'd like to actually find out for sure as to what, if any other settings can be changed in QPST. I kept with the options with roam set to home only and automatic settings with CDMA and so forth. I even went as far as to try the corporate PRL 101212(?) which gave me only a 1G signal with a "home-only" setting.
Im looking to get any possible feeback on this issue from someone who has delt with or has made a swithch recently and for their recommendations... Is it , in fact, limited being on a 3G network and using CDMA/EvDo..Are options limited?? Is that why no PRL changes made?
One other thing..., How can you get a local/nearby tower(s) access using or changing a PRL or finding out what that is or if its info is even obtainable??
Thanks to all in advance;)

tdbone1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i did Optimus V swap for my Sprint S3 for Virgin Molbile usa (im using prl 61007 on stock sprint rom)
when i need to use QPST/DFS i just flash LJ7 Modem and use the 16 digit samsung password
anyhow im pretty sure i got everything working (mms, sms, streaming, data and voice) BUT i still have a couple questions

01 if i ZERO out the MDN and MSID and reboot phone the phone wants to do hands free activation but always fails
02 if i go into phone settings and try to update PRL it also always fails

i know the OTA probably needs a virgin mobile activation apk but to update the prl i wouldnt think it would need that.

any help would be great.