Problem Parsing Package on Moto G

sensory

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else with this problem? I can't seem to find a fix. Unknown sources is checked and using Solid Explorer. Tried downloading the APK through Dolphin Browser, Chrome and Dropbox, no go.

Anything specific to Motorola devices that I need to disable maybe?

Edit: Tried with three different APKs from different sources as well. APKs that work on my tablet or other phone just fine.

xllusion

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have got the same problems as well but upload to Google drive or use adb install, they install fine..., however, not from 3rd party file managers...maybe Google changed something?

TummyHawk

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
hi guys i just joined this place because i am also having this issue but some guy on hotukdeals has come up with a solution to this and uploaded a utube video of it

so its becoming obvious this is a common issue too im still having trouble installin things like amazon app store which is very odd

xllusion

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The video shows uploading apk to Google Drive will work which I already mentioned before, unfortunately I have tried everything, downloaded almost all 3rd party file managers so we will need to wait for Google...

TummyHawk

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
same here iv tried everything possible and its becoming really annoying having to upload to google drive and i dont even know why they did it doesnt make sense to me anyway i hope you are right and google say something about this or fix it

TummyHawk

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The video shows uploading apk to Google Drive will work which I already mentioned before, unfortunately I have tried everything, downloaded almost all 3rd party file managers so we will need to wait for Google...

hi hope you dont mind me askin but what is adb install?? heard it mentioned a few times by you guys now. sorry bit of a noob with this stuff just want to be able to install things :(

xllusion

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, adb is Android Debug Bridge, basically it is a command line tool (Need to have USB debug enabled and connected to computer with proper driver installed) that lets you communicate with an emulator instance or connected Android-powered device: Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

So you can install apk directly from PC using the command like: "adb install xxxx.apk".

TummyHawk

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
okay i cant be bothered uploading apk files one by one to google drive just to install them its really annoying me. has nobody discovered why we cant just install apk files like we used to with one click from wherever it's stored or downloaded?

TummyHawk

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
hey guys the guy who did the utube video says a factory reset will fix our parsing error problems im gonna give it a try now and ill let u all know if it works

xllusion

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.., the first thing I did was factory reset when I found the problem but it didn't fix the parsing error for me...

Will try to reset again tomorrow.

TummyHawk

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
im using file manager by rhythm software its basic but i like the user interface and im honestly glad people are solving their parsing error issues with the factory reset because this phone is basically a mini nexus and its wonderful to use now that theres no parse error

Nicole Summers

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

A user on a different forum replied that he was able to install apk-files as soon as he uploaded them to Google Drive.

Upload it. Once done, click on the file (in Google Drive) and it will donwload it for you and hopefully install as well.

Nicole

TummyHawk

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

A user on a different forum replied that he was able to install apk-files as soon as he uploaded them to Google Drive.

Upload it. Once done, click on the file (in Google Drive) and it will donwload it for you and hopefully install as well.

Nicole

yeh the user sir_didymus on hotukdeals is the one who came up with the solution and did the youtube video and he even came up with the factory reset fix which should permanently fix this parse error we get on the moto g. im just curious to know why a lot of people are having this parse error issue and others are not. very odd if you ask me.

look30

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Android Noob here with this same problem. How do you perform the factory reset and what exactly are you losing when this is done ?

BTW , long time user of BB here and I can only imagine the s***t storm this bug would have created if happened on BB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky