Problem with SD card after JB update

jmonty42

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I finally updated from GB last night to ICS and then to JB. I've got root again finally. Now the problem is that I don't have access to my SD card.

My system version is: 98.72.18.XT894.Verizon.en.US
Android version is 4.1.2

Before the update I had swapped the SD card with the internal storage through void.fstab. To avoid problems with the update I restored the original fstab file to swap them back. Now these are the symptoms I see:
When I go to Settings > Storage, it force closes and I get the error "Unfortunatly, Settings has stopped."
When I browse to /sdcard in Root Explorer it says "The SD card is not currently mounted"
When I browse to /sdcard-ext in Root Explorer it just shows an empty folder
When I stuck the SD card in my computer, I could see everything I had on there before the update

Currently I'm using the original void.fstab file, but even when I try to switch, nothing changes.

Has anybody else had this problem? Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do here? Thank you for any help you can provide!

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure of the exact details of how root works w/ the D4, I've only ever done root on a tablet. But, can you factory wipe it? Seems like that would re-lay down the correct files/structure...

Good luck!

jmonty42

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
That's probably what I'll have to do. I'm going to try a couple different solutions from other places I've seen, if that doesn't work, hopefully the factory reset will.

Last edited: