Problems in safe mode

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
My S5 had been not quite itself for a while but it was manageable.. was lagging, charging slowly, getting warm. Ever since last night though.. it has been barely usable. I had been using Textra for a while because I was having trouble getting GoSMS to send mms in a timely fashion. For the past several months I had no issue with Textra but last night it was taking almost an hour to send my texts. This morning on top of that the battery is draining super fast, everything on the phone is slow, and it is hot and taking forever to charge. I moved apps to my SD card, cleaned up photos and apps I didn't need, rebooted and no change. Now I'm running in safe mode and nothing has changed - it's still slowly charging, getting very warm and suuuuper sloooow. It's very hard to search for other solutions so I wanted to see if anyone here could tell me what I need to do. I'm thinking a cache partition wipe and then a factory reinstall? But if these issues are happening in safe mode does that mean it's hardware related? Thank you..

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My S5 had been not quite itself for a while but it was manageable.. was lagging, charging slowly, getting warm. Ever since last night though.. it has been barely usable. I had been using Textra for a while because I was having trouble getting GoSMS to send mms in a timely fashion. For the past several months I had no issue with Textra but last night it was taking almost an hour to send my texts. This morning on top of that the battery is draining super fast, everything on the phone is slow, and it is hot and taking forever to charge. I moved apps to my SD card, cleaned up photos and apps I didn't need, rebooted and no change. Now I'm running in safe mode and nothing has changed - it's still slowly charging, getting very warm and suuuuper sloooow. It's very hard to search for other solutions so I wanted to see if anyone here could tell me what I need to do. I'm thinking a cache partition wipe and then a factory reinstall? But if these issues are happening in safe mode does that mean it's hardware related? Thank you..

Before you do anything else, I strongly urge you to backup as much as you can, now. See, Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

As per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide a cache partition wipe is always a good idea. A corrupt cache partition could affect your phone even in Safe Mode.

Failing that, you could opt for a Full Wipe+Factory Data Reset as per post #2 of the aforementioned Dummies Guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110