Problems with YouTube

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but consider what other streaming services do -- Hulu charges $8/mo for their service with ads. You could argue that Hulu has TV series and movies, but I've become increasingly impressed with the quality and professionalism of various YouTubers' content that rivals that programming.

But I agree that it would be nice for there to be more tiers for YouTube subscription plans, specifically a cheaper one that doesn't include YT Music
We don't have Hulu, all their content is included in Disney+ whichh is £8 a month and they create and host their own content. You can get Netflix who also create and host their own content for £7 a month. Meanwhile youtube premium is £13 and as you point out, they don't even have to create the content, other people do it for them and they just have to host it.

I do think that having a free ad supported service like youtube is very valuable. And obviously comparing the US and UK markets doesn't seem viable... But when you look at what we get in the UK for £8 from Disney, it's very hard for me to think of YT premium as anything but a ripoff.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is where I'm at. I often find myself watching longer length YouTube videos instead of some TV shows or movies. The quality is there and topics are of high interest to me so the cost/value ratio is also high for me personally. But I get it also, the pricing is a bit out of whack depending on region and not everyone has the same viewing habits for sure.
Pricing has increased for everything streaming it's getting out of control , they just increased my Google nest from 6.00 to 8

• Wow
Reactions: J Dubbs

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We don't have Hulu, all their content is included in Disney+ whichh is £8 a month and they create and host their own content. You can get Netflix who also create and host their own content for £7 a month. Meanwhile youtube premium is £13 and as you point out, they don't even have to create the content, other people do it for them and they just have to host it.

I do think that having a free ad supported service like youtube is very valuable. And obviously comparing the US and UK markets doesn't seem viable... But when you look at what we get in the UK for £8 from Disney, it's very hard for me to think of YT premium as anything but a ripoff.
I dropped Disney just recently they increased their price and I don't use it that often.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I dunno how anyone watches YouTube without Premium these days.
They use some kind of ad blocking like Brave 😉 I personally don't find the value in YouTube premium because I wouldn't use YT music, and I already watch the channels I want ad free with Brave. Plus I think it's overpriced personally.

And I'm not too happy that they purposely increased the ads to the ridiculous level to force people into premium. I'm one of those types you push me, I dig in my heels lol.

My wife says I'm stubborn 😂 I like to think I have standards 😉😜

Reactions: B. Diddy

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I dropped Disney just recently they increased their price and I don't use it that often.
I don't use it as much as I should to be honest, basically just watch new eps of Mandalorian. But I was just using it to illustrate a point.

I haven't even been paying for D+ cuz I got 12 months free with my flip 4 last year and just got another 12 with my flip 5. I mostly watch twitch and youtube though lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't use it as much as I should to be honest, basically just watch new eps of Mandalorian. But I was just using it to illustrate a point.

I haven't even been paying for D+ cuz I got 12 months free with my flip 4 last year and just got another 12 with my flip 5. I mostly watch twitch and youtube though lol.
Mandalorian yeah same here until it ended and doesn't look like they will continue in direction I like anymore

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000