flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Or you could use appinventor if u have no experience with Linux

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It's actually easier to setup a system on Windows if you're creating apks, meaning programming apps. It's not much easier, just a little, but that's not to say that it's hard. The hard parts are learning Java and the Android APIs.

This space intentionally left blank.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
No to edit
To create you need linux

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Wrong. You do not need Linux to make apps. You need the eclipse sdk, the ADT plugin, and the android sdk. You can develop apps on Linux, Mac, or PC. To edit already compiled apps, you need apktool which works on Linux and PC. That will decompile an app into Smali code, which although editable, is almost impossible to understand for the average geek.

Also +1 to what flapjack.fiasco said.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That's part of the beauty of Java. It's platform independent because it's an interpreted language. I think the reason you can't develop ROMs in Windows is due to it using a non case sensitive file system. At least that's part of the problem, there may be more to it than that.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
That's part of the beauty of Java. It's platform independent because it's an interpreted language. I think the reason you can't develop ROMs in Windows is due to it using a non case sensitive file system. At least that's part of the problem, there may be more to it than that.

There is a little more then that, it mostly has to do with the kernel that Window's use which is a hybrid, while Linux uses a Unix like kernel. Windows Vista and 7 can be set to case sensitive which does work because that what my Windows System is set to.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There is a little more then that, it mostly has to do with the kernel that Window's use which is a hybrid, while Linux uses a Unix like kernel. Windows Vista and 7 can be set to case sensitive which does work because that what my Windows System is set to.

Interesting! What is it a hybrid of?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86