Qi Charging USB C Charging Port is on the Right Hand side of the Phone - DIY or Buy Adapter?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I own a Blu Vivo XL lately I have had a issue with it where if it dies (which it will do at 5% battery) I need to get it hooked up to a USB Port (I have been using a Pluggable Hub without hooking that up to a computer) because if I hook it up to the wall adapter or a computer directly it will vibrate once and then never charge.

I am still waiting to hear from the manufacturer to see if they will give me a new phone since I just bought it in February. Apparently the charging port in this phone is known to go out.

While I am stuck with this phone I was thinking wireless charging might work but I can't find any usb c adapters that have the ribbon on the right hand side which is where the port is on this phone.

So my question is what are my options?

Three I have considered are:

1) Buy a Qi adapter with a ribbon on the right hand side (can't find one if you see one please send me a link or direct me to a store.)

2) Buy a micro USB adapter and then use a micro USB to USB C adapter on that, but that would probably stick out from the phone to much and potentially cause more damage to the charging port

3) DIY one by Frankensteining the a USB C ribbon onto a micro USB Qi charger with the ribbon on the right hand side.

4) Pay money to have an updated charging port installed into the phone since I don't have those skills.

Any one else got any ideas? I really like this phone. And I am going on vacation in a few days. I need to keep the phone alive during this trip so I need to come up with something fast (So number 4 is out for now.)

Daniel Pablo Sheng

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Better,

All owners have the same problems, this smartphone have the charging port with this problem from factory, you will have that replace this PCBA... some screws and two soldering points and a flat cable.

I bought 2 adapters USB type-c and yet working not, I will solve only with replacing the PCBA Board charging port.

This is a place for to buy...
http://www.bluphoneparts.com/blu-vivo-xl-sub-pcba-with-charging-port/

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana