Qi Wirelss charging upgrage/hack

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I wanted wanted to share my experience upgrading/ hacking my sprint leather back to accept the Qi wireless charging sticker.
Ordered the following items from Amazon:
Sticker: (only one I could find actually shipping from the US)
Amazon.com: NeWisdom® LG G4 Qi Wireless charging IC Chip+NFC Antenna Sticker for LG G4 H815 US Cellular T-mobile H811 AT&T H810 Verzion VS986 Sprint LS991 Korean Version F500 Battery back door cover or G4 flip case (G4 wireless chip): Cell Phones &

Charger:
Amazon.com: RAVPower Qi Wireless Charging Pad Stand (3-Triple Coil Charger, 1.5A input, Foldable Kickstand) for All Qi-Enabled Devices(AC Adapter not included): Cell Phones & Accessories

The installation was fairly easy and quick.
The back cover sits flush on all sides as it didn't original, however I noticed there is a slight raise near the near buttons on the back. Not a deal breaker just something I noticed.

As actually charging goes, everything just works. With the stand/charger I have it works in portrait and landscape. If you use the charger in stand mode the phone don't actually touch the charger (bcus the phone is curved some) there is a bit of a gap but it doesn't seems to be an issue.

20150629_095906.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. What kind of charging rate are you getting?

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So with the screen off let it charge for 10 minutes. What is the percent increase? You can also use an app like battery monitor widget to log this data

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty good. It is kinda slow. I use it at work so I'm not really concerned with charging speed.
Also if I noticed the phone gets pretty warm/hot if I stream video and on the charger just fyi

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got my newisdom qi(upgraded version) sticker and it has to be in an exact place to charge and if I have a case on it wouldn't charge. I was wondering if my sticker is defective or that's how weak it is? My case is pretty thin too. I have a lg optimus g pro with a silicone case that can be place anywhere on the pad and it charges. Here is a pic of my case and charger pad. insignia case g4.jpgItian wireless charger.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhesslim0130