Galaxy s10e not fast charging on Qi fast charger

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, first time posting. Anyway, I bought a Galaxy s10e yesterday and have been enjoying it so far. However, today I ran into what could be a major issue. I placed my phone on a Ravpower Qi fast charger (have had it for a few months). I then started listening to a podcast (streaming) through Bluetooth headphones (battery was at 57% at 1:50 pm). The charging pad showed the flashing green light (fast charging) and the phone read "fast wireless charging". At 2:20 pm the battery was only at 62%. It only charge 5% in 30 minutes and the phone was really hot. That means it charged at a rate 0.17% per minute.

Picked up the phone, replied to a text message, turned off the podcast and let is charge again (61% @ 2:24 pm). I checked the phone at 3 pm and it was only at 66%. This time it only charged at a rate of 0.14% per minute. Yet the phone is saying it will reach 100% in one hour. I don’t know how that’s possible at this rate. In order for that to occur it should be charging at a rate of around 0.57% per minute.

I once again replied to some texts messages and set the phone back on the wireless charging pad (3:09 pm @ 63% claiming it would be fully charged in 1 h 2 m). It is now 3:43 pm and the phone is only at 67%. Clearly it will not reach 100% in the estimated time. Now, when I get to the Lock Screen it says “fast charging wirelessly: 67%” but no longer gives the estimated time to full charge.

I tried my Iphone Xs (3:45 pm @ 84%). At 4:02 pm it was at 90% (rate of 0.35% per minute, more than twice as fast as the galaxy s10e).

Anyway, it looks like I’ll be exchanging my phone for another one, as this one is having issues with the fast wireless charging, clearly. I did make sure the “fast charging” feature is turned on in the settings and when charging with the cable it works perfectly!

Is anyone else having this issue?