qik is showing two icons

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
alright, anyone else showing two blue qik icons after they updated? and then when i uninstall the update it shows one orange and one blue. the blue one doesn't work after the uninstall.

also, i can't get the sms text to add my phone number for qik. anyone?

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You guys are downloading the wrong qik app. The correct one is qik for HTC evo 4G. That is how it is labled. When you download that one it will replace you Orange qik icon. It has been pulled from the market. So just search it throughout the day.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Yeah I have two blue Qik icons for the EVO since todays update. Looks like they pulled it from the market again to fix the two icon one program issue.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
well, i fixed one problem. i got qik to send my phone the text by adding the 1 prefix before the area code. it wouldn't work without it.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall one and search market for "qik for HTC EVO 4G", download and install that one and it overwrites whats already there.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Go to the market. Select the Downloads tab on the upper right. Im thinking you downloaded Qik Video (also a blue icon) and Qik for HTC EVO 4G. Scroll down to Qik Video and select it. There should be an Uninstall button

ohseedee

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I installed and tried to verify my phone with video chat. I entered my phone number, but never got the text message. Anyone else not receiving the texts?

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I installed and tried to verify my phone with video chat. I entered my phone number, but never got the text message. Anyone else not receiving the texts?

Yes, and that's not the only problem. After 2 releases today alone, Qik is still riddled with issues. It appears the developers are shooting in the dark and letting us do the beta testing as my son and i have been trying to get it to work all day on our EVO's. After Qik's latest update and multiple re-boots, we:

1. always only get sound on one end of the video chat
2. sometimes only see one end of the video
3. both get random error and authentication messages

I thought this was going to be the showcase app for the EVO and it has 'qikly' turned into a joke.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I got two blue icons after installing the update as well. When I uninstalled I ended up with one blue and one orange. I reinstalled and was back to two blue icons.