Quality of photos in Cloud Storage?

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Quality of photos in Cloud Storage

Ok. I'm a noob at all of this storage stuff. I have backed up some of my photos and sensitive documents in cloud storage.

Now, here's the problem. I use Dropbox. The photo and video quality noticeably suffers viewing directly on the Dropbox app, and although there is an option to view the images in the stock gallery app on my GS3( If that's relevant at all), it's just too protracted of an option and I can only view one photo at a time.

Is Google+ any good? I need a secure environment for sensitive material that still retains the image and video quality.

I may need a permanent place to store my photos and videos as an alternative to physical storage.

Suggestions please. Thanks.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Quality of photos in Cloud Storage

You can store photos in full resolution on Google Drive, Dropbox and other cloud storage. I have thousands of high-resolution photos stored on Google Drive and Dropbox.

The Dropbox viewer may not display them in full quality, but that doesn't mean they're not saved in full quality. In the Dropbox app, for example, if you enable automatic photo uploads, they are saved in full resolution.

The Google Drive app lacks an automatic photo upload option like Dropbox has, but I use FolderSync to enable full quality automatic photo uploads to Google Drive.

With Google Photos and Google+, saving in full resolution is a little trickier, but very possible. Here's some info on that:
https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?hl=en

I've found the Google Photos app makes a pretty fair viewer for on a phone.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Quality of photos in Cloud Storage

A digital file that doesn't get lossy-compressed doesn't change from copy to copy, so the one on the cloud is exactly the same, bit for bit, as the one on the phone.

Using a different app, of course, throws all that out the window.

Do two cars of the same make and model, right out of the factory get bout the same gas mileage? How about one of them and a Greyhound bus? That's what you're comparing - apps, not pictures.