question about new annoying HTC ONE GALLERY 'feature'

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
since the last update (5.14.531.1), the picture galleries have an added feature. when i select a gallery, a slideshow immediately begins playing at the top. it consists of photos within the gallery and lord knows what music. is there any way to disable this feature? permanently??

thank you!!!

Screenshot_2014-06-09-07-34-18.jpg

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Dido this is one feature I have no use for. I keep accidentally launching it when looking for one pic.

Posted via Android Central App

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Open gallery, hit menu dots upper right of screen, select delete content. Next time you open gallery, there is no content in the video so it doesn't play.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i tried that, as well as deleting the content using the little paper and pencil icon on the bottom right of the 'annoying video feature (AVF)' screen. when you reopen a gallery, there's a video again. i think it's restoring content on it's own. HELP!

Open gallery, hit menu dots upper right of screen, select delete content. Next time you open gallery, there is no content in the video so it doesn't play.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i wish it were that easy. i have 800 pics in one of my galleries. swiping that much makes my eyes hurt. and this is a ridiculous feature to add without the option to remove...

Just tap the 1st pic or, any pic and it'll be a full screen display. Then you can swipe through em.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
HTC updated Gallery already, doesn't help annoying video, though
HTC today pushed out a small update to its gallery application for all devices running Sense 6.0. The app adds a toolbar for adjusting the strength of the blur tool in UFocus, which lets users dial in the exact effect they want. The app also expands the availability of the Dimension Plus and Pan 360 viewers to all Sense 6.0 phones. HTC Gallery is free to download from the Google Play Store.
from Phone Scoop

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
downloaded HTC GALLERY from the play store. absolutely no discernible difference. i have learned, however, that if you disable the speaker icon on the bottom left of any 'video album', it disables the sound in all albums. small victory.

HTC updated Gallery already, doesn't help annoying video, though
HTC today pushed out a small update to its gallery application for all devices running Sense 6.0. The app adds a toolbar for adjusting the strength of the blur tool in UFocus, which lets users dial in the exact effect they want. The app also expands the availability of the Dimension Plus and Pan 360 viewers to all Sense 6.0 phones. HTC Gallery is free to download from the Google Play Store.
from Phone Scoop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha