Question about pen options for Samsung Notes

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Okay. When I use my pen and I hit the button and select create a Samsung Note I have typical options for pens but it doesn't include any brush options. If I go just into my apps and I press Samsung Notes with my finger and then create a note from there there are also options for brush types which includes crayons and other cool features. How come those brush options are not available while activating Samsung Notes from the S Pen button?

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I could be wrong on this but I think what's happening is you are going into the quick note. Like the old action memo. It's not the full blown Note but just a quick memo app for jotting stuff down.
If you click the View All Notes option then the plus sign at the bottom, it opens the regular Note app that gives you full options.
Kinda confusing. I guess that's why everyone misses S Notes. Cut and dried, you either did a quick Action Memo that was yellow and you knew what it was or you opened a full Note for long and detailed note taking.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Heres the two screens. What's odd is notes created from pressing the s pen button are saved in the s notes. If I go into S notes through the apps and not the s pen then I have the extra pen and brush features. Lol just a little quirk.
7bc018cc5e5f4d843012f698cc8f2bd2.jpg
0b10eb596d616f304c0522243a4b2292.jpg

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. Your first picture is the full blown "Note". The second screen is the memo. The memo is for quick jotting down something but once you save it and it appears in the App, it's turned into a regular Note that has full editing.
Weird.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong on this but I think what's happening is you are going into the quick note. Like the old action memo. It's not the full blown Note but just a quick memo app for jotting stuff down.
If you click the View All Notes option then the plus sign at the bottom, it opens the regular Note app that gives you full options.
Kinda confusing. I guess that's why everyone misses S Notes. Cut and dried, you either did a quick Action Memo that was yellow and you knew what it was or you opened a full Note for long and detailed note taking.

I think the Samsung Notes devs are half-assedly trying to give the illusion that it's similar to S Note. (Not succeeding at all.)

When creating or editing an Action Memo, you have the option of saving it as an S Note (completely different, and far superior app than Samsung Notes). If you do not, and save it as an Action Memo, it remains an Action Memo, able to be edited however often you wish. If you "Edit as S Note", it creates an S Note with its myriad features.

This Action Memo was kept as an Action Memo.

2beaf24ebd9f4752783b6b40332876db.jpg

This Action Memo was edited/saved as an S Note file.

411319c4d3b0999f3a711a26fad5dd4a.jpg

d630de3505d941ebf202a6acaf4da843.jpg