Questions for experienced guys, I'm a rookie

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I'm tech savvy enough to get myself into trouble usually. Fortunately, I can usually get out of it too. Because I KNOW I am going to eventually get myself into trouble with my Bionic, I have a few questions I would appreciate answers to in order to double check my understanding of things.

Okay, current Bionic state. It's Rooted, running CWM just fine, and on the .230 ICS Leak. I was not rooted before today, and before 2 days ago, I was stock stock stock stock. ICS is so awesome on my Xoom, that I HAD to pull the trigger on my Bionic, my baby. Here's what I think I can do.

Right now, if I were to use my FXZ files that I got from somewhere around here and XDA and go back to 902, does that also include my recovery? If not, I haven't figured out how to find stock recovery.

If I take the backup that my phone is making/just made and put it somewhere for safe keeping, can I flash that back on using stock recovery if I can get back to stock recovery. I understand that I can use CWM to back up and restore when ever I want and as often as I want, but it's the going back to stock that I want to still be able to do.

If I use FXZ to 902, then 905 via OTA, then put on CWM, can I put these leaks in through CWM? I have read that it's only stock recovery use able.

Finally, a repeat of the most important part of what I want to know. Is FXZing taking me back to stock...

I guess if you answer the last one I can play with the rest...

Sorry, it's late, and I'm rambling. Thanks!

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Right now, if I were to use my FXZ files that I got from somewhere around here and XDA and go back to 902, does that also include my recovery? If not, I haven't figured out how to find stock recovery.

FXZ902 will take you to STOCK UNROOTED 2.3. To get to stock recovery, hold down up volume, down volume and power at the same time. At the boot mode selection screen, use down volume to navigate to RECOVERY, then up volume to select it.

If I take the backup that my phone is making/just made and put it somewhere for safe keeping, can I flash that back on using stock recovery if I can get back to stock recovery. I understand that I can use CWM to back up and restore when ever I want and as often as I want, but it's the going back to stock that I want to still be able to do.

You might have to FXZ to .902 first, then flash your backup. That may be a question for someone who has done it. I have not tried but have wondered if it would work.

If I use FXZ to 902, then 905 via OTA, then put on CWM, can I put these leaks in through CWM? I have read that it's only stock recovery use able.

The leaks have to be installed via stock recovery. Just put the zip file on your sd card and choose "update from zip" in recovery.

Finally, a repeat of the most important part of what I want to know. Is FXZing taking me back to stock...

Bone stock unrooted Gingerbread .902 with all the VZW bloatware. From that point you can take the OTA update to .905. Then use Motofail to root.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much. This tells me I can mess around until my heart's content and have an easy way to get out of what ever trouble I can cause.

I'm very happy.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
RDS is your friend. It's the same program Motorola uses to reload system OS when they refurbish phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201