R.I.P.

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So I'm jumping ship to the Shift. I put my pre-order in yesterday... should get the call for release tomorrow according to the bestbuy chick who took my money. I may not pick it up till Wed due to money being tied up, but there's a very good chance I just go weedless for a few days and buy the phone. haha

Anyway... It's been a good ride Hero, and clearly HTC won me over for at least a 2nd device, if not more down the road. I will never forget my first android experience. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
ha ha. Yeah, the Hero is a solid phone and would have been even better had it had better specs. Still, it too has won me over with HTC and I'm likely to purchase another HTC Phone when its time to upgrade.

Have fun with your new phone :)

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I gave my upgrade to my wife so she could get the EVO. I think the Hero has been great and hope to stick with HTC. CM has made the Hero much better. In June when I get to use her upgrade maybe a dual core HTC phone will be out.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
So I'm jumping ship to the Shift. I put my pre-order in yesterday... should get the call for release tomorrow according to the bestbuy chick who took my money. I may not pick it up till Wed due to money being tied up, but there's a very good chance I just go weedless for a few days and buy the phone. haha

Anyway... It's been a good ride Hero, and clearly HTC won me over for at least a 2nd device, if not more down the road. I will never forget my first android experience. :)

I will be joining you. Upgrade next month and right now I am at 9% sure it will also be the Shift.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I upgrade in 2 weeks and it's a toss-up...EVO, or EVO Shift...I like the HDMI out, and front facing camera, but don't know if that thing is going to look like I have an Galaxy tab strapped to my waist. The Shift screen is just a little longer, but the width looks the same, and the EVO is like 1/2" wider is all, but it looks big.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The Hero was my first Android device too. I really liked it. I would have kept it too if the phone didn't lag so much. It had gotten to the point that I couldn't even type a meaage accurately on it anymore because the keyboard lagged so horribly. But that was my only problem really.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
On Valentine's Day, my Hero will be no more........R.I.P.!!!!

The EVO 4G will be my next phone. Thought about the Shift 4G, and while it does have the KB, that screen is only .6 bigger than my Hero, and it only has 4 rows on the KB. Also thought about the Epic, but Samsung phones generally suck (updating their phones, and the build quality) , it still doesn't have Froyo, and I prefer Sense over Touchwiz, plus I've been hearing problems with the GPS.

Anyway, it was good to have had my Hero for 11 months, it has done great things for me, but it is time to move on!!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29