Rakuten

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen their cash back from Rakuten on their preorders yet? I emailed them a week ago and they said they had to wait for Samsung to confirm my purchase, even though I gave them a copy of my order. When I preordered my N20U, I think that cash back showed up immediately.

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I used Rakuten when preordering for the S22 ultra and writhing a day, the cash back showed up on my account. I’m still waiting for my phone to actually be sent, :(

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My $60 rebate showed up right away in my Rakuten account. But they take several months before they actually send you the money, because they want to be certain you're not returning the purchase. I recall that Rakuten advertised that delay quite clearly when I first signed up with them.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I had quick confirmation, cash back added to my Rakuten account that will be sent in my next quarterly payment. (May, I believe, because I got my last distribution very recently... that may vary for everyone based on when you signed up? I don't recall.)

I find Rakuten good in general if you give all the details, eventually they come through with the cash back provided you did it right (basically as long as you preserve that link through them to place the order). So hopefully it gets sorted still!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Rakuten appears to be a fraudulent company. They have placed this statement in my account: "Samsung did not provide cash back for this purchase." This purchase being the S22 U.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you write them? I had the 12% popup and activated it when I ordered.

Rakuten appears to be a fraudulent company. They have placed this statement in my account: "Samsung did not provide cash back for this purchase." This purchase being the S22 U.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This is the response to my inquiry that I got back from them:

We're waiting for Samsung to confirm your purchase with us before we add Cash Back to your account.

We'll reach out to Samsung directly to get this resolved for you. Most stores get back to us in about 10 business days, but some stores may take up to 45 days. We know, it's a long time to wait. Rest assured we're doing everything we can and will send you an update as soon as we have one!

In the meantime, just reply to this email if you have any other questions and we'd be happy to help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is the response to my inquiry that I got back from them:

We're waiting for Samsung to confirm your purchase with us before we add Cash Back to your account.

We'll reach out to Samsung directly to get this resolved for you. Most stores get back to us in about 10 business days, but some stores may take up to 45 days. We know, it's a long time to wait. Rest assured we're doing everything we can and will send you an update as soon as we have one!

In the meantime, just reply to this email if you have any other questions and we'd be happy to help.
I took care the other post

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got $125 in my Rakuten account and my phone isn't supposed to show up until late March. I went round and round with Rakuten with my S20 that I purchased on Samsung with a preorder. Eventually, they applied the money to my account.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone seen their cash back from Rakuten on their preorders yet? I emailed them a week ago and they said they had to wait for Samsung to confirm my purchase, even though I gave them a copy of my order. When I preordered my N20U, I think that cash back showed up immediately.
I got it a few days after but on my Fold order back when it released they told me to the same thing ..no worries keep your order email and confirmation and they will credit you the cash ..it will most likely make it by the time you get to the next cash back check ..

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm going back and forth with Rakuten now via email. I have sent them a screen print of their site showing the $144 for the sale, $10 for the new account and email verification from Samsung of the delivery, final order invoice verification and still, they are stating Samsung is not paying for the order. In about five minutes I will be packing up the phone and returning to Samsung. Sort of fed up with all the BS around getting this phone, the delivery BS, and now, problems from Rakuten.
I guess if I return the phone they won't owe me a penny.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad that the whole experience had been a sour one for you.

I'm going back and forth with Rakuten now via email. I have sent them a screen print of their site showing the $144 for the sale, $10 for the new account and email verification from Samsung of the delivery, final order invoice verification and still, they are stating Samsung is not paying for the order. In about five minutes I will be packing up the phone and returning to Samsung. Sort of fed up with all the BS around getting this phone, the delivery BS, and now, problems from Rakuten.
I guess if I return the phone they won't owe me a penny.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks; however, sour is not exactly what I would call it, but I'll keep it PG rated.

Seriously, I do not need this BS. And to add insult to this entire process, I have been using a Kobo reader, owned by Rakuten and purchasing electronic books from Rakuten for the reader for over a year.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I haven't received mine yet. Usually pretty good, but who knows who is it fault. You can't blame them for not giving rebate if samsung doesn't honor. I would assume if they are paying us $60, Samsung probably pays them $80.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I didn't know that Rakuten owns Kobo as they sold Overdrive.

Thanks; however, sour is not exactly what I would call it, but I'll keep it PG rated.

Seriously, I do not need this BS. And to add insult to this entire process, I have been using a Kobo reader, owned by Rakuten and purchasing electronic books from Rakuten for the reader for over a year.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For my phone purchase a year ago, Rakuten initially posted way too small a rebate to my account, but they corrected it when I contacted them, and I received the rebate a few months later, as expected. This year, they posted the correct rebate right away, so I'm expecting to receive it with no difficulty in a few months.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I didn't know that Rakuten owns Kobo as they sold Overdrive.

Acquired kobo, 2012; acquired Overdrive 2015; in 2018, Rakuten and Walmart went into a venture to market kobo E-readers. Believe it was 2019 when they sold Overdrive.

I like their readers; however might be time to head back to Barnes and noble.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
As an audiobook listener, Overdrive was great while Rakuten owned it. Now, they're eliminating the OD app and forcing users to use Libby which prevents one from having any control, including downloading, tagging, file location, etc. But that's another topic.

Acquired kobo, 2012; acquired Overdrive 2015; in 2018, Rakuten and Walmart went into a venture to market kobo E-readers. Believe it was 2019 when they sold Overdrive.

I like their readers; however might be time to head back to Barnes and noble.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
As an audiobook listener, Overdrive was great while Rakuten owned it. Now, they're eliminating the OD app and forcing users to use Libby which prevents one from having any control, including downloading, tagging, file location, etc. But that's another topic.
It is possible to use Libby to borrow library books and then read them in Kindle. That's what I do when borrowing ebooks from the library.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They haven't credited yet for both my S22 Ultra and Tab S8 Ultra orders. I contacted support and they told waiting from Samsung to confirm the order which can take multiple weeks. I don't have my hopes up but at least they are frequently updating me that they are still waiting. If they don't credit me as promised I'll probably stop using them from next pre order since it's pain every year to keep following up with them.