Random ads popping up

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Today I have been getting ads popping up randomly. I open fb, an ad will pop up. I open Instagram an ad pops up.. Hasn't happened before. I've ran lookout and malware bytes and everything shows clean. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
But wouldn't look out or malware bytes pick up on it? I haven't installed anything recently...it hasn't happened in a while so maybe it's stopped.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
But wouldn't look out or malware bytes pick up on it? I haven't installed anything recently...it hasn't happened in a while so maybe it's stopped.

Lookout ET AL don't always pick up adware.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Check and see if another app is causing it. I had this issue today and Zedge (running in the background) was my culprit. It only happened once but I immediately looked into it

Sent from The Edge™

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd try using AdWare, it will run in the background and mark the apps that are pushing adverts to your notification bar.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.keerby.adaware&hl=en&token=imGpXxiq
Before you go that route, check your apps and see if one of them caused it. It happened to me the other day and Zedge was the culprit. I downloaded a tone and left the app before it could display it's ad. It took over my screen. When I closed the ad and looked in the app drawer, Zedge had the ad running.

Sent from The Edge™

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I removed all the apps that were listed from one of the programs. I think it was Coin Dozer that did it.