random reboots, extremely sluggish performance, will 5.1 help?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the verge of getting a different phone. It reboots randomly 1-2 per day, each reboot takes about two minutes (even if I trigger it), and the performance is horribly sluggish, for example initiating a phone call can take 10 seconds or more, if it doesn't crash. The stock camera app is simply horrible, with lots of lags and often i can only view photos i just took after restarting it.
I also experience the sluggishness others are talking about when opening apps, etc. Will 5.1 help me?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like getting a replacement would help you. I've been stalking these forums since launch and haven't really seen anyone with these types of issues being reported as widespread so I would think you got a lemon.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I will agree the default camera application sucks but I have no such other problems. This thing is a solid as a rock. I have had zero crashes. no reboots.

I would try a factory reset then a new N6 if you still have issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Isaac3

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problems since day one, finally gave in and called at&t and they sent me a new one! And I'm not having random reboots or sluggish performance any more! Hope this helps. Cheers!

Posted via the Android Central App

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah something is wrong with your phone mine does not have these issues. I do get random reboots but they are rare maybe once a week.

Posted via the Android Central App

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
First, there are plenty of people with issues with random reboots. Some have even had the problem after exchanging for another phone (a few have even had 3 or more phones with the same issue and, reportedly, with only Google apps installed). See the Google link I've left below.

Take a look at the following link and, near the bottom of the page you will see that someone from Google has reported that Lollipop 5.1 will "reduce unexpected reboots." It doesn't say it will "prevent," but reduce. Hopefully, they are using that wording because an occasional reboot can happen with any phone, given the right set of circumstances. I really hope that they have found what was causing the phones to reboot regularly, some of them multiple times, and that they have found a permanent solution. Time will tell.

https://productforums.google.com/fo...c/nexus/other-discussions/nexus-6/9aVUBrwdUZU

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Simple truth : If my phone was rebooting several times a day even after they have sent me a new one... I would find another phone model. F that.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milaco