RAZR 2023 problems, oopsies, etc

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
Just wondering: has anyone had any problems with their RAZRs? Any accidents? Any miscellaneous thoughts?

I've unwittingly scratched mine on the Motorola logo on the back; I put a metal plate on the inside of the case and it was rubbing without my realizing it. Nuts.

Also, somehow, there's a scratch on the external screen. I don't recall dropping it in a way that would scratch that screen, but it's there. Arg. I have a crappy film screen protector, but I was waiting to pick up a glass one. Advice: get some kind of protector on there stat.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
No oopsies yet. I use a hip pouch for the phone or since I wear cargo shorts here in FL, it goes in a pocket on its own. I carry 2 phones so I make sure to not place them in the same area just out of paranoia, like putting your phone in the same pocket as your keys.

Reactions: darrinS

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought it might be handy to have a separate thread for any issues or problems we might be having or find along the way. And since I’m having an issue (I think) unless it’s by design, was wondering if anyone else has this. Problem is speech to text, it generally doesn’t work. Sometimes does somewhat but mostly not. I’ve always thought android devices had a very satisfying speech to text option that worked quite flawlessly and miles ahead of Apple. Haven’t had a moto device since the turn of the last century so thought I might be missing a setting. Anyone having this issue? Cover screen or big screen doesn’t seem to make any diff.
Edit, did another reboot and seems to be working on the big screen ok. Wish the smaller outside screen would work as it is much easier than typing on it for me anyway. Does it work for anyone on the outer screen?

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
can someone try and help me with Text to Speech. not to get into great detail but i lost my speaking ability. in settings it shows a way to highlight text to have it spoken for you. i followed the instructions and i get no sound. volume at 100% and it looks like it’s playing back the text, but i hear nothing.

i made an app for the iphone, guess i need to learn how to make android apps. but if anyone can figure out the built in text to speech function, i will appreciate your help.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I learnt my lesson dropping a 3 month old flip4. 512gb. Butter fingers here😂😉
The hinge hit a sweet spot on ceramic tiling in my laundry room!
I screamed not because I dropped the phone but rather I just broke a 3month old 1800$ device which is the 1st time as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: guereja206

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No problems here. I keep going back and forth on using a case or not. Case stays on a day, comes off for two or three days. I think going careless is winning. I have the red so backside not to slippery.

Reactions: darrinS

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Something I’ve noticed, when I ask the Google girl to set a timer she says, ”ok, starting now” but it isn’t set. Sometimes works, usually doesn’t. Anyone else noticing this issue?
EDIT: just figured out the timer issue. Phone has to be unfolded. Since I leave it on my dresser folded at night and that's when I use the timer frequently that's why it seemed a problem. I think it should work either way folded or unfolded.

Last edited:

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of Samsung Buds pro 2 that I'm having a problem with connecting to my new RAZR Plus. Every time I connect them, only the right bud works. I have to go to the Bluetooth settings on the phone and toggle the play media audio on and off a few times for the left one to work. I've had to do this every time I've wanted to use them. My buds work perfect with all my other devices, anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using AC Forums mobile app

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
I have a pair of Samsung Buds pro 2 that I'm having a problem with connecting to my new RAZR Plus. Every time I connect them, only the right bud works. I have to go to the Bluetooth settings on the phone and toggle the play media audio on and off a few times for the left one to work. I've had to do this every time I've wanted to use them. My buds work perfect with all my other devices, anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using AC Forums mobile app
check this out: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motoro...zr-2023/Ear-buds-issue-left-right/m-p/5239592

Reactions: jackjack1969

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Just wondering: has anyone had any problems with their RAZRs? Any accidents? Any miscellaneous thoughts?

I've unwittingly scratched mine on the Motorola logo on the back; I put a metal plate on the inside of the case and it was rubbing without my realizing it. Nuts.

Also, somehow, there's a scratch on the external screen. I don't recall dropping it in a way that would scratch that screen, but it's there. Arg. I have a crappy film screen protector, but I was waiting to pick up a glass one. Advice: get some kind of protector on there stat.
I have notifications turned off as they ALL show up on my amazfit smartwatch. Even though notifications are turned off, my jabra elite 7 tws headset goes silent briefly when notifications come thru. It happens sporadically.

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
Not really a problem but weird. When I pull up the app drawer I don't have the chrome app icon. It's not on my home screen either or in the folder where I have all the Google apps. But if I search my apps it's listed and opens and works fine. Any ideas?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not really a problem but weird. When I pull up the app drawer I don't have the chrome app icon. It's not on my home screen either or in the folder where I have all the Google apps. But if I search my apps it's listed and opens and works fine. Any ideas?
That happened on my pixel 7 before and I just put it back and all was ok again. Did it twice as I recall. I believe a reboot fixed it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I also got a scratch on the external screen, no idea how. Not a big deal as it is near the side and very minor but still, never dropped, and in a pocket by itself. No case or screen protector but never had a scratch just appear seemingly over nite. Maybe gremlins😂

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
did the reboot and no luck. when you say you just put it back? how exactly?
My chrome app disappeared from my home screen so I checked the app drawer and it was there. This being on my pixel. Moved it back and a couple days later it was gone again. A reboot fixed that and it reappeared. I was running the beta android 14 tho. I think it can be disabled and then not show up maybe check that. Also check the App Store and see if it is available for download or says "open app". I would think if you're using it it would reappear eventually maybe sooner than later. Weird tho. Also try force stop then restart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred