RAZR 2023 problems, oopsies, etc

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
okay now that I've been using it for a while I've noticed the Bluetooth connection is definitely not as strong as compared to the Galaxy fold and flips where I've tried numerous sets of BT wireless headsets and in busy congested areas like the Metro they will cut out from interference does anybody else experience this as well?
Not I. I use a bluetooth connection to a set of earphones to listen to “white noise” and relaxing sounds when I sleep at night. The Razr (mine is a Razr, not a Razr +) has been flawless in keeping the connection, usually for around 7 hours. I haven’t used Bluetooth in a congested area as you have, though - but I’ve had no issues.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Just wondering: has anyone had any problems with their RAZRs? Any accidents? Any miscellaneous thoughts?

I've unwittingly scratched mine on the Motorola logo on the back; I put a metal plate on the inside of the case and it was rubbing without my realizing it. Nuts.

Also, somehow, there's a scratch on the external screen. I don't recall dropping it in a way that would scratch that screen, but it's there. Arg. I have a crappy film screen protector, but I was waiting to pick up a glass one. Advice: get some kind of protector on there stat.
No scratches....as I've applied a film outer screen protector. And the cases I've ordered from Amazon are also protective. However some cases do have a slightly annoying issue where the top out screen piece pops or slides off easily.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Not deal breakers for me, but I've found two issues with the phone closed:
  1. Google Assistant only partially works. It hears "Hey Google" and responds, but the response is, "Hi, how can I help? Flip open for more."
  2. There is no ability to capture a screen shot of the external screen (that I can find).

junk14580

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
Not deal breakers for me, but I've found two issues with the phone closed:
  1. Google Assistant only partially works. It hears "Hey Google" and responds, but the response is, "Hi, how can I help? Flip open for more."
  2. There is no ability to capture a screen shot of the external screen (that I can find).
Item 1 - Google Assistant Voice commands not working with phone closed - DEFINITELY a deal breaker for me.
high phone functionality when closed is the primary feature of the phone... setting alarms/timers, calling/texting someone, etc.... without opening is a primary use-case for this phone. HUGE FAIL... Fix it or folks will return their phones for not complying with published specs.

Item 2 - Ext. Screen screenshot.... that works for me. PWR button + Down volume (when closed) takes a screenshot of the ext. screen.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I found a big problem. Apparently, the Google Assistant no longer works on the lock screen or when the phone is sleeping. Even though it is set to do so in settings. Doing a Google search I found this is a widespread issue that happened after the last update sometime in February I believe. I have been using a different phone and didn’t notice it until I fired it up this morning. That means the assistant has lost half its functionality at least, if you can’t use it from the lock screen . The phone needs to be open and the screen lit up for the assistant to work, don’t know if it’s a Google issue or a Motorola issue. But it sucks big time and I will be going back to a different phone until this is resolved. Anyone else have this problem? Seems to be very widespread, but maybe not 100%.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
This new issue I've been having with the RAZR+ is connection with Samsung earbuds. It's been driving me bananas. The buds 2 pro had a current update but broke the connection to the razr+. Only one side connects and lots of static. However zero issues connecting to the Samsung flips and fold. Ive reset reset reset and reset a bunch of times 20 times to be exact and get the same results. I didn't realize Samsung connectivity worked best with Samsung devices. Have any of you tech pals have this experience? Please and thank-you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d