reboots and touch problems fix for people with screen protectors

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
soo after a long memorial holiday i woke up with 3 huge scratches on my screen....i was too worried to take the screen protector off for first few days to see if the scratches went through...

soo next few days phone starts bugging out...random reboots, touch screen stop working, phone just turns itself off...i thought i just messed it up from dropping it or whatever i did that caused the scratches

so after 3 days of this im thinking i gotta reflash to stock and send back to get new phone...so i take off protector and it really did protect, nothing on the screen!!! and im telling u these were huge and looked like deep scratches

after taking screen protector off all of my problems disappeared...been almost week now and no problems at all

so it seems like deep scratches on a screen protector can affect that touch screen detection and cause phone to bug out, restart or touch screen stop working...my guess it thinks ur touching in multiple places but not

just thought id throw it out there in case anyone else in similar situation

btw the screen protector was SGP Ultra Fine Anti-Fingerprint....HIGHLY recommended..saved my screen

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the issues with the screen acting up, but I agree that the SGP screen protectors are great. I dropped my Thunderbolt and got a big scratch on it. I was afraid to pull the screen protector off because I was sure the screen was scratched. But when I pulled it off the screen was perfect! I use the SGP Ultra Clear, most people can't even tell I have a screen protector on.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the issues with the screen acting up, but I agree that the SGP screen protectors are great. I dropped my Thunderbolt and got a big scratch on it. I was afraid to pull the screen protector off because I was sure the screen was scratched. But when I pulled it off the screen was perfect! I use the SGP Ultra Clear, most people can't even tell I have a screen protector on.

yea man i was sure that there had to be a scratch...def money well spent..and i usually dont use screen protectors, got that one because of the anti fingerprint

i will prob order another one just for protector but i am enjoying the TB without a protector for now...screen looks good still with protector, but i forgot how good it looks naked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil15oo