Received my official Galaxy Tab10.1 case!

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can put it in the dock with the case on, or do you have to take it out?

You have to take it out. The cradle part of the dock (the long piece where the Tab sits in) does snap off the actual stand essentially leaving just the connector part. You can then plug the Tab with the samsung case into the connector without having to take the tab out of the case. It's still sturdy and the case is thick enough to rest against the plastic stand the connector is in so that there is no stress on the actual connector.

Who knows, either Samsung designed it this way for the case or maybe they will release another cradle to accommodate the case.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung case is a lot better. I have the slimline case and I really don't like it.

Yeah, I have both and the Belkin slim line is going back. It's like the belkin slim line case is a large sweater on a medium person. It kind of fits but has excess material hanging off it.

Reactions: tkemack

ssproles

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the black silicone sleeve from Amazon for about $20. Fits really snug and makes me feel more secure carrying the tab around the house, plus it looks really sharp!

kirbwrx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine today, off the Samsung site. Since there is a valid coupon code, I got the keyboard dock, too. (Used GOOGLEIO2011 to get 30% off)

I will have that and a Roocase to compare against next week.

Thank you very much for this. Purchased from Samsung's site right after I saw this. Thanks for saving me some money.:-$

Reactions: LaTuFu#AC

kp4c

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else weirded out by the fact that is has the hole in the back for the rear camera, but when you flip open the case in anyway (all the way), it renders that hole useless? I was trying to come up with a way to take a picture and all I came up with was un-flapping the back and putting it on my head :p

mase8866

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of searching for a case for the 10.1 (had taken to putting it a manila folder inside my computer bag)...so I ordered the official on from Samsung...just came this afternoon.

Bottom line: I like it, keeps the tab secure and doesn't increase the bulk or weight that much! You do have to open the case to charge it, but that's minor.

Sorry for the picture quality...
just got my tablet! haven't invested in protection yet though :( maybe this will do

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else weirded out by the fact that is has the hole in the back for the rear camera, but when you flip open the case in anyway (all the way), it renders that hole useless? I was trying to come up with a way to take a picture and all I came up with was un-flapping the back and putting it on my head :p

Ha! Good point!

firesteve828

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i cant wait to order mine. i couldnt find any that i liked so i just went to Best Buy and got a case made by Belkin that was in the Galaxy Tab 10.1 section.

mattrock

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Yeah that's funny. However, who is honestly going to be taking photos with that camera?

Wachpy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Received my case today as well. It really is a lot better than the Belkin slim folio; it's slimmer, fits perfectly, the typing angle is awesome (and feels a lot more solid than the Belkin's typing angle), and I love the magnetic flap closure. I think this is definitely the case to get out of what's available now.

Edit: the materials feel really nice too. I really like the textures on the front and the back of it. Ended up paying less than what I had spent on the Belkin thanks to the Google IO code, so I'm really happy.

Reactions: tanman87

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord