Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

kwill

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
They were sold out of the $99 bundles late 4/20 to early 4/21.

I was able to choose it on 4/21. They removed the option before 4PM EST on 4/21 as my friend was also able to get in around 3:30

I just don't see how that is as I tried registering at 1030am Central on 4/21 and the option definitely wasn't there. This was on the website though. Didn't try the Shop Samsung app until later as I didn't realize it until reading the page fully. Did you all submit through the app?

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I paid for my bundle but so far nothing has shipped. I actually would love for it to wait a day or two. I'll be at Kalahari resort for the next 3 days. And FedEx tends to just leave packages out in the wide open here at my apartment complex. I hate using them for shipping

Sign up for fed ex delivery manger. You can request to have the package held at a fed ex location as long as it is being delivered by fed ex and is not a smart post delivery.

Posted via the Android Central App

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
... and the EXACT reason I went thru Best buy - to get the $100 off to pay for the $99 bundle. Honestly I'm pissed.

I went to look at the phone atBB after had ordered from Sprint. The guy asked me several times to cancel the order and buy from them. I asked if he could guarantee on writing that I would get in on the 50,000 limit on the bundle, and he admitted he couldn't. That, and the fact that Sprint was offering $10 a month discount per line (I ha e 3 lines) made the "No thank you" much easier.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I just don't see how that is as I tried registering at 1030am Central on 4/21 and the option definitely wasn't there. This was on the website though. Didn't try the Shop Samsung app until later as I didn't realize it until reading the page fully. Did you all submit through the app?

I didn't have the app. I submitted in the website on the 19th cuz that's when I got my phone delivered. Me amd a few others did have a rough time getting our buy now links though but it all worked out.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
1 hour and 25 minutes to get a rep, he told me JUST to resubmit my pre order without the receipt in the picture. He seems convinced the receipt dated the 21st is throwing the moderators off, and that I do not need the receipt in my submission. I am humoring him, not much else I can do.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
1 hour and 25 minutes to get a rep, he told me JUST to resubmit my pre order without the receipt in the picture. He seems convinced the receipt dated the 21st is throwing the moderators off, and that I do not need the receipt in my submission. I am humoring him, not much else I can do.

Use your EIP from your carrier. It should have your preorder date on it.

revolution4all

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Same durandetto . I think me and you have been on the same boat since the 19th.
I am getting my package in on wednesday per fedex, i have fedex delivery manager and it shows a package has been sent out from samsungs warehouse

BRIGHTPOINT NORTH AMERICA
TRAFFIC Department
501 AIRTECH PKWY
PLAINFIELD, IN US 46168
317 707-2192.

if your status still says order sent with no tracking number your package could be on its way

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

Today it suppost to be delivered

thomasbihn

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
If I'm correct, we had to be both registered AND approved before they sold out in order to be able to buy the bundle, otherwise we were downgraded to the free bundle.

-or-

We had to be registered before they sold out AND approved on the first attempt to submit and then were downgraded automatically as soon as the submission was rejected erroneously (in most cases anyway).

Either way, I'm not buying a preorder from Best Buy again if I have any interest in the promo offered by the manufacturer. They obviously didn't work things out with Samsung to ensure their customers had a fair shot at the full promotion.

This promo was like if Best Buy had a door buster on Samsung TVs on Black Friday advertised and as soon as the first person got in the door, the rep tells them "Sorry, we don't have these TVs. It was while supplies last and we had no supplies. (shrugs)"

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Paid for my $99.00 bundle on April 21st and this is all I have as of now.

I paid via PayPal which has a different email address than my Samsung account. Hope this does not screw anything up.

The first image is my email confirmation where I paid for the bundle. (order # name removed)
The second is my current "Check Gift Status" image.

gift2.jpg

gift1.jpg

Last edited:

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Kalelfromkrypton41581...hey there so are you saying you've received your VR package, any update? I also ordered my package on the 19th and all I see is confirmed. Sorry I haven't read all the thread post. Thanks