Release Date

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
IMO, no way they make the kinds of changes you're talking about. That's basically close enough to 'starting over' that any sensible company would scrap the phone and move on.

Only suggestion that sounds doable would be doubling RAM.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
IMO, no way they make the kinds of changes you're talking about. That's basically close enough to 'starting over' that any sensible company would scrap the phone and move on.
which is probably on the table or has already been decided.

Re: scrapping the project all together or retooling current hardware.

Sent from my Droid

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Cruiserdude I'm hoping they change up the Screen as well. Not a fan at all of the pentile used in the Bionic. sAMOLED + would be a welcomed addition for me as a potential buyer.

Sent from my Droid

Make any changes at this point and a 2012 release is likely.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Make any changes at this point and a 2012 release is likely.

Not if the hardware / handset exists already. I'm leaning towards the Targa stepping into the Bionics shoes at this point. If I were a betting man I'd place my bet on this scenario

Sent from my Droid

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I will be one mad little Droid Fan if they scrap the Bionic shell all together. Its the best looking device i have seen out there, IMO of course. Delay it, change all the internals they want, but please dont replace it with the Droid X shell...

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I will be one mad little Droid Fan if they scrap the Bionic shell all together. Its the best looking device i have seen out there, IMO of course. Delay it, change all the internals they want, but please dont replace it with the Droid X shell...

For me, I loved the specs of the phone, but felt it looked a little clunky and plasticy. I much prefer the DX form factor, but that's just me.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I preferred the Bionic from the front, but the X from any other angle. I'm not a huge fan of plasticy chunky little phones, but that's all personal preference.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the DX's chunky bulge on the back, its sharp corners and edges, or its physical buttons. I also feel that while a little heft is good, the DX is just a bit too heavy to be ideal for a phone.