Remove Indic Keyboard

bkhosh2

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Sometimes my phone (HTC One) reboots on its own. When it boots back up and I want to type something, the indic keyboard pops up. This is really annoying as I have to change it back to my swift key keyboard after every reboot.

I am not Indian, nor can I read or write any Indian language. Looks like this is a default system keyboard.

Does anyone know how to go into the system files and delete this keyboard?

Thanks,

-Brian

Carl Curniski

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I figured this was a problem with my phone, and although a minor inconvenience, it always seems to happen when im most in a rush to message or type something. I too, would like to know if this is something that can be fixed or disabled.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I figured this was a problem with my phone, and although a minor inconvenience, it always seems to happen when im most in a rush to message or type something. I too, would like to know if this is something that can be fixed or disabled.
My wife had this happen to her phone today as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

bkhosh2

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I found out how.

You have to go into the settings, then go into apps. Go into the "All" section of the apps and go down to indic keyboard. Finally, you'll see a button that says disable.

Hope this helps!

Posted via Android Central App

Carl Curniski

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I found out how.

You have to go into the settings, then go into apps. Go into the "All" section of the apps and go down to indic keyboard. Finally, you'll see a button that says disable.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. Thats been my biggest greivance with the phone since i got it.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You have to uninstall any updates, after that you will be able to disable the app.

Trixie Wolf

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. This happened to me too, probably because an update ended up auto-installing the Indic keyboard. Especially frustrating since I use Dvorak and the Indic one is Qwerty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej