Replaced screen and now "No Sim Card" message

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
So I replaced my shattered screen tonight with a brand new screen and housing. Everything seems to work fine except I get no signal because when I insert the sim tray it still says "No Sim Card". Has anyone ever come across this after a screen replacement? It actually seemed fairly easy, just a lot of ribbon cables and adhesive. Looking for any kind of help. Not sure if its possible something was left unhooked but I don't think I did. Tried two different sim cards and got the same message....HELP, LOL. Thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either you didn't reconnect a cable right, you pinched cable (and possibly cut a wire) or you broke something. Now, you can take it apart again and check everything (and hope you don't break something else) or you can try to find a shop that will work on a phone you worked on and pay them to fix it.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Either you didn't reconnect a cable right, you pinched cable (and possibly cut a wire) or you broke something. Now, you can take it apart again and check everything (and hope you don't break something else) or you can try to find a shop that will work on a phone you worked on and pay them to fix it.

Wow....straight to the point, aren't you. Didn't pinch anything, didn't break anything and won't break anything taking it apart again. I have repaired numerous phones from a Palm Pre to an iPhone 5s. I am far from perfect and do make mistakes but will never pay someone to fix a two-three year old phone. For $55, it looks like it came straight out of the box.....doesn't work correctly, but looks really nice and probably better than some of these cell phone kiosks and I know who worked on it and that every screw was placed back where it needs to go. I was looking for real assistance and feel like I got bashed so I will just forget about your comment and wait to see if anyone else can HELP me out. Thanks for the quick response though.......

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The thing is that if something suddenly doesn't work after opening the phone up, then it's almost certainly something that became loose, disconnected, or damaged. You may have a lot of experience repairing phones, but do you have experience repairing this particular one? It's notable that iFixit gave the M7 a 1 out of 10 repairability score, which means it's very very difficult, and therefore increases the chances of accidental damage while trying to repair something else. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+One+Teardown/13494

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow. 1 out of 10, and they rate the G Optimus Pro difficulty as "moderate"? You can destroy the main board in that one with just a hair too much pressure when removing it. The M7 must really be a "replace, don't repair" design.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you test the screen before reassembly? It might have been a dead on arrival part.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to agree that something else was damaged either during the repair process, or when the screen was damaged.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Tested it before installing but did not place my sim card in it. The sim slot is part of the new screen/mid frame assembly. When we place the old shattered screen on, it reads my sim just fine so I think I have a bad assembly. Placed everything back together today and still had the issue. Sent the seller an email today so we will see what happens.

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
If you were pretty much careful in performing that task then you don't need to worry about damaging any part. Just connect and reconnect all the cable. This would do. P.S. Do let me know the model no. I will try to send the picture of board to you plus I might point out which area you should focus on for connecting reconnecting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon