Replacing screen for $405 or upgrading?

lamadoo

Mar 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey fellas,

I have a note 9 512gb model

My display has all washed out colours and a rectangle white burn-in in the centre. Oled saver helps cover this up but the quality of watching videos is grainy. I went to Samsung and they quoted $405 Australian to replace the screen. Do you think its worth it or is it time to move on?

This would be the second time replacing the screen if I do go ahead.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Time to move on, you've nearly sunk in the cost of a new phone in repairing your old one if you repair it this time around.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I was going to say even if you didn't want to move on, you could buy another Note 9 for that price used/refurbished, or possibly even new.

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
I'd like to know who charges that for a screen replacement? My Samsung tablet cost $219. The charging port had a moisture problem. Samsung wanted me to pay a whopping $119 dollars to fix it. I said to myself - NO WAY! I waited for Samsung to do an update to get rid of the problem. It took an eternity but the problem went away.That's a crazy amount to fix a screen. I wouldn't have gave whoever asked for that amount one nickel!

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Just a thought.. I recently purchased a Note 9 from Amazon's renewed premium line to try out which I am returning when I'm done. It's essentially the same exact quality as Samsung's preowned/renewed program

Cost 400 bucks... But it comes with all accessories, looks brand new. IP rating included. At least 90% battery capacity. Oh, and the biggest thing is, it has a warranty/return policy of a YEAR. That's huge IMO. A year to return a phone if you change your mind? Yes please.